Wednesday, 25 May 2011

'V' is for .......

It's Wednesday so that means it's time for another challenge over on the ABC Challenge. We're up to the letter 'V' and what we would like to see is ....Violet on your projects.

This card was really difficult to photograph and it's still not that good but I think you can get the gist ! This is a card for my Mum's Birthday next week, I wanted to do a different fold and I've not had a go at a Tri Shutter for ages. I changed it slightly as I made it A5 size. I started by making a master sheet, using the blocking technique from Tim Holtz and also using Katzelkraft stamps and Aspects of Design stamps. The two embossed panels have been made with the Cuttlebug Stylised Flower EF and I've stamped inside using one of the stamps from the Tim Holtz Reflections set. The Happy Birthday panel is made using a stamp from the Just a Note set by Stempelglede.



The front panel has been stamped with a Katzelkraft stamp, after stamping it twice on a piece of scrap, then I've stamped over the top with a Stampin' Up stamp. I've cut it out using Labels 18 Nestabilities. The flower is made from Grunge Paper with a piece from an old book that I've stamped on. It's then been cut out using the Tattered Flowers die by Tim Holtz. The gorgeous brad is by Marah Johnson and I've attached a Word Stick and also 2 type charms that I've stuck a piece from the master sheet inside. The word 'Mum' is made using the Tim Holtz Vintage Market Sizzlit die and I've covered the letters with DI and then Glossy Accents and mounted the letters onto one of the dies from the Fancy Tags 2 set.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:



9 comments:

  1. and V is also for VERY beautiful Sue!

    I can imagine this will be received and treasured as it is just so light and elegant!

    Im quite envious as youve clearly found your style in cardmaking, so very gorgeous!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sue there's so much to look at on every single panel - what a beautiful card.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ingenious Sue, just love everything about it and so worth all the effort you have put into it. I bet your Mum will love it to pieces.
    Sorry I haven't been commenting for a while but I have been one of those affected by the current Blogger problems. I have moved from IE to Firefox which seems to have cured the problem for now.
    Hope you have a good week.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mum is going to love this card Sue I'm sure, it's beautiful ! Thanks for joining us at LIIU - Esther

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is gorgeous Sue, wonderful details.
    luv
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for also adding to our challenge, at LIIU. Your card is totally amazing, beautiful colour. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, super colours, shape and papers. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Sue, its a real stunner! Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
    claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Sue! A really stunning shape card. The colours are gorgeous and love the flower and all the pretty detail.
    Thanks for playing along with the LIIU sentiment challenge and good luck!
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!