Thursday, 2 June 2011

Gift box

My Katzelkraft DT project this week is a gift box that I made as part of my Mum's birthday. I really love making boxes they really add that special touch, and my Mum loves them !


I used the Fleurs set of stamps and started my using the blocking technique with different coloured DI's. Then I stamped the flowers using black Archival ink, but for one of them stamping onto some scrap first so that it was paler.


The flower is made using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die and the lovely brad in the centre is a Marah Johnson. I've used the Elegant Flourishes die for the swirl. The stamps are exclusively available from The Craft Barn in the UK of from Katzelkraft in France.


Sorry this is a short post but I'm fighting with the headache monster at the moment ! Hopefully normal service will be resumed soon !

3 comments:

  1. This is stunningly beautiful. Love the soft colour tones and use of the stamps. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration and hope you headache is better soon. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely & stunning box! Love the colors and your flower is amazing!! Hope your headache is better! Hugs & Sunshine!/Sari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Sue, just love the colour and the contrast between the 3D and stamped flowers.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!