Thursday, 23 June 2011

Something a little different !

For my Katzelkraft DT project this week I decided to give an altered book a whirl ! I didn't have a hard back book so thought I'd try it with a paperback.


The stamp sets I've used are French Quotes, Nature, Fleurs and Physalis. I started by gluing the pages of the book together with Multi Matt medium. I then painted the cover with acrylic paint. The swirly pattern is made using a stencil and Viva Terra Sahara, when it was dry I sprayed it with Juniper Glimmer Mist. I used the Fleur de Lys EF then rubbed Viva metallic paint over the top. The birds are from the Nature set and I stamped them onto Grunge Paper. The flower was made with Grunge Paper and a stamp from the Nature set. The frame is made using the Tim Holtz Sizzix Tag die. I blended DI over it and by accident I dropped some water on to it. I quite like the effect so dropped a few more drops on it !


I used some paper that was from some packaging for the inside panels. I used DI and then stamped them with Black and Cobalt Archival ink.

The brad in the centre of the flower was dabbed with some Espresson Alcohol ink. The letters on the spine of the book are made using the Tim Holtz Sizzlet Vintage Market die. I've inked it with Broken China DI then covered them with Crackle Glaze.


The butterfly was stamped on to acetate and I stamped the antenna onto some more packaging paper. The butterfly was coloured on the reverse with ProMarkers.

All of the stamps I've used are available from The Craft Barn in the UK and from Katzelkraft in France. There is a sale on at the moment at Katzelkraft so you could bag yourself some bargains !

I'm also entering this project into the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge which is to 'Show some Metal' (my metal are the brads).


6 comments:

  1. Very interesting piece, acetate is great for butterflies this one is very unusual and very attractive. Lovely altered book proving that paperbacks are no safer than hard backs! XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Sue, I love the cover and inside, such a creative project.
    Hope you are OK.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a glorious project. You have done some really serious altering here and the result is breathtaking. Love your stamping and your stamps a lot of work went into this and it shows . Well done `you !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue..Wow! Your altered book is amazing. So glad you gave it a "whirl"! Love the colors you chose. The papers are really neat...very vintage feeling. I love the layers and the flourishes and the birds. It's wonderful! Thank you for sharing your book with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Sue, love your altered book and the colour hues you used.

    Gillian

    http://scrappydoo-gillian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fabulous Sue, I love every single detail and the gorgeous colours and stamping. I keep thinking I want to try doing a book like this and you've really inspired me again to want to do it. Hugs, Chris xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!