Wednesday, 22 June 2011

X is for ..........

It's time for another challenge over at the ABC Challenge and this time we would like to see 'X' is for 'X' marks the spot ! We would like to see projects with a pirate theme. The sponsor for this challenge is Bunny Zoe's Crafts who is offering a £10 voucher.




When I saw the challenge for this week I have to admit I wasn't looking forward to it, but I hopped over to Mo Manning and lo and behold there was a lovely image that sparked my imagination !


I also dug out my Pro Markers, which have been feeling a little abandonned, and shaded the image then cut it out with a square Nestability. The top left square was made using a stamp from Stuff to Say stamp set by Tim Holtz and I've stamped it with Archival Cobalt ink. I stamped the numbers horizontally and then vertically without re-inking the stamp.


The bottom left corner was made using the Divine Swirls EF and I've rubbed Stormy Sky DI over the top. The paper is from my stash and was just big enough for the job ! The words were done on my PC and then the banner was cut out by hand.

I hope you get chance to join us this week.

5 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely card! Love that image and your coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow what a fabulous image - love how you've coloured it. Stunning card Sue!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Sue, the image, stamps and embellishments with a great layout all go together to create a stunning card.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is fabulous Sue, love it.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. This another fab piece of work you certainly are one talented lady

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!