Sunday, 31 July 2011

Happy (belated) Birthday Eli !

I should have posted this yesterday, as that was my niece's birthday, but I have to be honest I've been feeling a little out of sorts lately and so it completely slipped my mind ! At least I actually gave her the card on time, which is an achievement!


So, better late than never, onto the card. I started my using a technique I spotted over at The Craft Barn a couple of weeks ago. It's where you take a plastic container fill it half way with water and then add drops of alcohol inks. You then dip your card into the water and the alcohol inks cling to the card and create wonderful designs. I then stamped on top of the card with a Viva Silicon text stamp and went round the edge with Walnut Stain DI. For the ruffle I used Tissue Tape and then zipped around the edge with my sewing machine. The background was made using the text stamps from a Darkroom Door set called 1920's Chic. The main image and the piece of text are also from the same set. The little bottle of Chanel is from this set and I've stamped it and then covered it with Glossy Accents. The two hearts are from a Wendy Vecchi stamp set called Art from the Heart.



The little balloon is a B Line stamp and I've added a Type Charm to it. The bow is made from Tim Holtz ribbon which I've coloured using a re-inker in Antique Linen, put a few drops in a mister and then sprayed the ribbon. The button is off some piece of clothing long abandonned ( probably because it no longer fits !) but the button found a good home !

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

16 comments:

  1. Absolutely GORGEOUS work Sue! Love everything about it.

    Judi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you have been out of sorts Sue sure your niece understands especially when you now has your gorgeous card. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, awesome, awesome, Sue! All those stamps are fab - especially the Channel No. 5 stamp! Love the vintage color palette and I'll have to check out that alcohol ink technique - sounds totally cool! So happy to have you joining in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Sue this is just perfect for our challenge.

    The colour tones are just right and your stamping is the bees knees. What a clever idea for the ruffle and I too am going to check out that inking technique.

    Thank you for joining in with us at our very first Fashionable Stamping Challenge.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue this is fabulous. I love your muted colours, the elements and the overall design. Another of your mazing pieces of work.
    Sorry you are not too well - hope this lovely weather cheers you up.
    So pleased you entered our first Fashionable Stamping Challenge.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, love everything about it and thanks so much for the detailed description of how you did it, it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow stunning card Sue.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely birthday card! So classy and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woooow, outstanding creation, Sue! Love the soft vintage look and your stamping is just beautiful! ;)

    Thank you for joining in for our very first Fashionable Stamping Challenge!

    Hugs
    Joanna x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So elegant! Love the vintage look and all your fabulous details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sure your nice will love it, i love all the detail a fab card.

    Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Sue your card is gorgeous! I just love vintage style and the coloring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Your card is just beautiful! Love all theimages and techniques. You put a lot into this. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What can I say Sue! This is absolutely stunning and it's lovely to see this after your joining the DT. Can see why.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!