Sunday, 10 July 2011

Here come the girls !

I had an order for some cards from a lady at work and they're all for little girls. I was dreading making them as I'd not got a clue what to do. My mojo has been somewhat lacking of late, and as cards for 'little people' aren't really my forte I thought that I would spend most of the time looking out of the window ! Anyway, I managed to dig deep and I'm quite pleased with the first two I've made.

I've used a Mo Manning image for all of the cards and shaded them with ProMarkers. I cut this image out using Nestabilities Labels 3, sponged some DI around the edge before removing the die. The tulips are from a Wendy Vecchi set and I've stamped the flower head onto card that I've blended Wild Honey DI over and the stalk and leaves onto card that I've blended Shabby Shutters DI over. The text stamp is also from the same Wendy Vecchi stamp set.



The number is made using the Tim Holtz Vintage Market Sizzlie die and I've blended DI over it and then covered it with Glossy Accents. The border punch is a Fiskars.


I've used Nestabilities Labels 18 to cut this image out. The papers are My Minds Eye and a scrap piece from my stash. The border punch is a Martha Stewart and the die is a Marianne Creatable.

The number is made using the Tim Holtz Vintage Market Sizzlit die and I've done the same thing as on the first card with the DI and Glossy Accents. The frame is a die cut using the Tim Holtz Tag die and the name is done on my PC.

Well that's 2 down, 2 to go !

I'm entering the following challenges:

12 comments:

  1. OMG these are beyond stunning, absolutely gorgeous
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter who they are for you cannot help yourself and make fabulous cards. Two little girls will be delighted. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sue they are delightful and I am sure will be loved by your friend and the recipients - just fabulous.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards with colour schemes that just zing! Great job! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them both, love the colours your chose. Thanks for playing with us at the Alpahbet Challenge, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a gorgeous cards Sue, fab images and brilliant details.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's right Sue, anything goes, and these cards are stunning! Perfect for little people, love all the finishing touches.Thanks for entering our Free and Easy challenge over at Allsorts this week and good luck!
    Love Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards, love the layouts particularly the first one. Thanks for sharing at Papertake this week. Hugs Tracy GDT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sue, the cards are very beautiful and both images - very funny and cute. I love the tulips on the first.
    Hugs,
    Geri Urumova

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, it has so many elements that I just adore. The image and the stamping on the text paper are at the top of my list. Thanks so much for playing along with us at PaperCutz!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!
    Wonderful creations! love it!
    Thanks for joining us at ALPHABET CHALLENGE BLOG this week.
    Good Luck!
    -Sony
    Sonia-Studio60

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards. Love your creations. Thank you so much for joning us over at Bearly Mine Challenge. Good luck!

    Hugs, Natascha

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!