Thursday, 21 July 2011

'A' is for.......

For my Katzelkraft project this week I'm sharing a chipboard letter that I've altered. I found these letters at our local garden centre several weeks ago and I've been waiting for inspiration to strike !


I painted the letter first of all with Gesso and then used Walnut Stain Distress Stains to colour it. I've then used the Fleurs set of stamps and stamped them with Archival Coffee ink. The text is stamped with Archival Black ink and the stamp is from the Nature Quotes set of stamps.

I've used Tim Holtz Ideaology to decorate it and I've edged it with Tissue Tape and then distressed the edges with black acrylic paint.

The rose is made using the Scalloped Flower die by Paper Artsy and I've done some freehand embossing on the metal. I'm entering this project in to the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge which is embossing ( freehand embossing on the metal rose).

The stamps I've used are available exclusively in the UK from The Craft Barn and from Katzelkraft in France.

4 comments:

  1. A is for Absolutely Amazing Sue. I love the whole distressed look and the embellishing is perfect as it's not an easy shape to use.
    Take care.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome....the stamps, colours...everything together.(:o) Elly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the muted brown tones of this, and the hand embossing on the rose petals is the perfect finishing touch! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!