Thursday, 7 July 2011

Paris Monuments !

For my Katzelkraft DT project this week I've made a card using the Paris Monuments stamp set, which also happens to be in the sale over on the Katzelkraft main site.


I decided to go bright with this card and used Olive and Barn Door DI to shade the background card. I stamped the flourish in Archival Olive ink to make a border. The embossed panel is made using the Fleur de Lys EF and then I rubbed Viva metallic paint over the top and then some DI.



The Paris text is stamped onto some Grunge Paper that I've blended Barn Door DI over then cut out using Labels 4 Nestabilities. The main image has been stamped with black Archival ink onto card that I've blended Olive DI over. I then highlighted some areas using bleach and a fine paint brush. I stamped the monument again onto shrink plastic, punch a hole with my Cropodile before shrinking it.


I love how the shrink plastic still keeps the detail of the stamp. I then added the bottle cap and the bottle cap label. Quite a bright card for me, think I need to have a lie down now !

The stamps I have used are available exclusively in the UK from The Craft Barn and from Katzelkraft in France.

2 comments:

  1. your cards truly take my breath away. just beautiful! I have been saving bottle tops until I figure out just the right way to use them. thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours are fabulous Sue - love the image and the shrink plastic charm you made.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!