Friday, 15 July 2011

The Stamp Man Challenge

It's time for another challenge over at The Stamp Man, and this time would like to see anything T!m ! So get out all of your ideaology and Tim Holtz stamps and show us what you can do ! Make sure you check out the fab creations that the DT have made !

If you visit regularly you'll know that I'm rather partial to Tim Holtz products, so this challenge was a real pleasure ! The stamps I've used are from the Papillon and Good Thoughts sets. I started by blending DI over some white card stock, using Brushed Corduroy and Faded Jeans. The border is made using the Tim Holz Sizzix border die Scrollwork and I've used Walnut Stain DI to blend over it. I stamped the text stamp from the Papillon set onto white card and then distressed it using Brushed Corduroy and Walnut Stain DI. I then zipped around the edge with my sewing machine.



The butterflies were stamped onto white cardstock using black Archival ink and then I've blended Antique Linen and Scattered Straw DI around the edge. The swirl is made using the Tim Holtz Sizzix die Elegant Flourishes and I've blended Walnut Stain DI over it. The clip and metal tag are from the Tim Holtz Ideaology range.

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:


I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.

16 comments:

  1. Love this tag! The swirls, the layers, the embellishments are all perfect. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Sue - so you and so Tim. I love the design, colours and stamps you have chosen and the torn edging and stitching gives it a real designer touch.
    Have a great weekend.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue! Your entry into Simon Says Stamp and Show this week is wonderful! I love the colors you've chosen and all the elements you used on this. You've used a lot of the Tim Holtz pieces I'm partial too, as well! Your stitching looks great, too! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it's gorgeous Sue - beautifully designed.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very, very pretty, Susan! Love the colors - all of the "Tim" elements of course! I've not gotten the Papillon set yet, but every time I see someone's creation like this, I want it. (lol)

    Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning - thanks for sharing your card at CRAFT Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh fantastic, thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it. That is one of my favourite stamp sets. Have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Love the scrollwork and swirls. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great project , thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3.

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning project - I Love it!! Thank you for joining us at CRAFT this week, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card Sue, I love everything :)
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really lovely. Thanks for joining us over at By the Cute and Girly this month and good luck. Hugs, Hanna

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!