Friday, 1 July 2011

The StampMan Challenge

It's time for another challenge over at The StampMan. For this challenge we have an optional sketch for you to follow, but you must use alcohol inks. The prize for the winner is the usual £10 voucher to spend in The StampMan shop.



I decided to follow the sketch as well as using my alcohol inks. I've not used them in a while so it felt good to get them out and my fingers were a wonderful shade of dark sludge !



I started by using Terra Cotta, Butterscotch and Lettuce alcohol inks and dabbing them onto white glossy card stock. I then stamped the sentiment from the Tim Holtz stamp set called Good Thoughts. The side panel is from the gorgeous paper stash Kraft Resist, and I blended Shabby Shutters and Forest Moss DI over it then gave it a gentle rub with a cloth to reveal the resist text. The background was made with a stamp from the Tim Holtz Papillon set, and again I've given it the DI treatment.



The heart is stamped onto a piece of Grunge Paper which I blended Barn Door DI over first, then cut it out and stuck on top of the first stamped image.


The flower is made using the Tattered Flowers Tim Holtz Sizzix die and also using the Lin Brown technique which you can find here. I'm off to one of Lin's workshops today, so should be a fab day!

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Really lovely - those colours are so rich!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fabulous Sue and the flower gorgeous.
    So good to meet you today, I finally got my piece finished about an hour after you - it seemed to take me ages and yet I also felt rushed - perhaps because of my cold.
    Hope you had a good trip back, an hour and 10 mins journey took me well over 2 hours with the M1 and M25 on go slows.
    Hope you have a fab weekend.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!