Sunday, 14 August 2011

Fashionable Stamping challenge !

I am very pleased to let you all know that I've been asked to join the DT for the new challenge blog Fashionable Stamping ! The challenges are all about stamping, no digi's allowed, so right up my street, as it were ..... The challenge for the next 2 weeks is Handmade Flowers, so any project where you've actually made the flowers yourself. Check out the main challenge blog for the prize and also the fabulous work by the other DT members.



For my project I started by opening my Tim Holtz Compendium of Curiosities to look for a new technique. I settled on page 49 Shabby Chic, which I absolutely love so you will no doubt see it again ! The stamps I used for the technique are from Tim Holtz French Marketplace and the swirl is a Craft Individuals. I then made the roses from a PaperArtsy Grunge flower die, I've wanted to have a go at making porcelain flowers for some time. I haven't got a melting pot so I used a Versamark pen and then coated the roses with UTEE. I had to do this 3 or 4 times but it worked quite well in the end.


The main image and the balloon are B Line Designs stamps which again, I absolutely love ! I stamped them with black Archival ink and then covered them with clear EP. I then used Tea Dye, Vintage Photo and Wild Honey DI around the edges.


The vertical strip is made from a stamp from the Tim Holtz Papillon set, again I've stamped it with black Archival ink and then covered it with clear EP. The lace is from the lovely Linda's Etsy shop (if you haven't paid it a visit you really must!) and I've sprayed it with water with a few drops of Tea Dye re-inker in it. Finished off with a Type Charm.

I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge which is to use a Tim Holtz technique.

I do hope you get chance to join the challenge and look forward to seeing all your wonderful flowers !


14 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, I can't get over those flowers!!! Stunning
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations you are sure to enjoy yourself and create wonderful samples for the team. Gorgeous card, love the colours XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is absolutely stunning Sue. I love the colours and stamping and those flowers are totally gorgeous.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sue. WOW! This piece is amazing! Your Shabby Chic "Tim" technique is spot on. Love the colors you chose to use. Against the black, it is so striking! Your porcelain flowers are perfection! I love them! I must check out that PaperArtsy flower die. Could you send me the info on that? Your card is awesome! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwwwww Sue, this is awesome, the colors are very beautiful, i am a great fan of Tim's techniques.

    Hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very pretty. Love the images you chose, the color combinations and the design. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue, what a beautiful project. Gorgeous colours and those flowers are stunning!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous piece of work.
    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sue this is gorgeous, beautiful work.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello, thanks for your nice comment on my flower vine. I have been perusing your blog, whose design I adore, and your work is wonderful, so creative. I see why they picked you. Have fun, and you will hear from me again.xoxoxoxo G.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous as always, you have such a wonderful way with those distress inks, Sue. I totally rely on designer paper and I really love the way you created such gorgeous vintage inspired backgrounds with stamps and inks. I wish you lived near me so I could look over your shoulder!

    Congrats on the new DT. I've totally dropped out to challenges this last month and want to get back into them - miss them! So I'll be joining your handmade flower challenge (how can I miss that one - LOL!) as soon as I can get something made up. And thanks for another link to my Etsy shop!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on becoming a DT member. Your card looks wonderful, love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finally Sue I have a few mins to myself so I can tell you what a delightful piece of art this project is. Lots of work and time but well worth it in my opinion.

    Those roses really look like they are porcelain.

    Must open my TH book and grab a few tips myself.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sincere congrats Sue on becoming a DT member! Your cards are just beautiful. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!