Sunday, 28 August 2011

The Fashionable Stamping Challenge

It's time for another challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge. This time we would like to see either ribbon or lace or both!


This card is for my other half whose birthday is on Thursday. I'm pretty sure he won't look on here ! It's also another 8 x 8 inch card. I'm starting to get used to the extra space ! I started with the background and stamped randomly using Darkroom Door photographic and bird stamps. I did use a Tim Holtz mask, but as the design grew I covered it up !! I used a piece of DP and tore the edges and stamped the small birds from the Darkroom Door stamp set. I then tore a page from an old book and gave it the DI treatment with Forest Moss and Bundled Sage. The thin vertical panel is a stamp from the Tim Holtz Stuff to Say set. The main image and text are also from the Darkroom Door bird set and I've made photo corners for it.


The swirls are made using the Tim Holtz Mini Flourish which I've blended Distress Ink over and then painted with Crackle paint. The tickets are stamped using the Stuff to Say set and the all important ribbon is made using seam binding which I've coloured using Forest Moss Distress Stains. The corner embellishments are Candi by Craftwork Cards. The sentiment is also from the Darkroom Door bird set and I've cut it out using a Fancy tag and added a Philosophy tag.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:


I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge. Check out the main blog to see the other DT projects and for the prize !


15 comments:

  1. Hallo Sue, love your creation, absolutely fabulous, hugs heidi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Sue, only you could come up with something that is definitely masculine looking but oh so pretty at the same time.

    The love birds image is deliciously huggable and the sentiment with the dangling charm just adorable. Could go on forever about this card, love it to bits. Thanks hunny.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue
    The masculine take on the challenge theme set for us was amazing.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue this is a real stunner, the colours are gorgeous and I love all the detail. Such clever stamping,
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue this is stunning. Love the colours and all the details and layers.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Sue. I really love the colours and shabby look and those birds are just so cute.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous artwork! Beautifully created.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, such a wonderful dream in green. Love the birds image and all the elements.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Sue, amazing layers and gorgeous images - I love it.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, love how you have made such a masculine card with such pretty elements

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, lucky man. Love green and the tones you have used here are lush, wonderful stamp as well! XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sue,
    There is sooo much work in this card, but no matter how many times I look at it, my attention is drawn to those gorgeous love birds everytime. A really stunning card.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sue! Love all the beautiful details on your card. Love the colors and especially love the bird image. Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  14. A stunning card, with so many interesting details. It's nice to 'meet' a fellow Fashioneatte. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello other DT member of Katzelcraft, and Fashionable stamping!?!
    Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!