Monday, 22 August 2011

Happy 1st Birthday !

Well that was Monday ! I have to say Monday's don't agree with me..... I don't suppose I'm alone there !

This card is for an order, I'm not overly keen on making cards for children, but I quite liked how this one turned out. I visited Mo Manning's store and her images always seem to hit the mark for children's cards. I started with the background which is a technique I spotted in the latest Craft Stamper magazine. I used Post It notes cut into strips as masks and then sponged Stormy Sky DI over them. I've coloured the image with Pro Markers and cut it out using the Rectangle Nestabilities. The letters are all cut using the Tim Holtz Vintage Market Sizzlet die, they've been covered with Stormy Sky DI and then Glossy Accents.


The rosette is made using the Tim Holtz Rosette die and I stamped letters randomly over the card before I cut it out. I've gathered a piece of ribbon and mounted the centre, including the no.1, on the top. The border is made using a Martha Stewart punch and I've blended Stormy Sky and Faded Denim DI over it. A few buttons from my stash and that's it !

I'm entering this card into the following challenge:


7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Sue and would never have guessed you don't like doing them.
    I have to admit I struggle a bit too so thanks for our inspiration.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Sue! I love Mo's images, this one is very cute and your colouring and design are wonderful. Perfect card for a little one. Hope you had a good weekend. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue - this is stunning! Beautiful colouring and fab shades of blue!! Love the rosette and bunting - perfect for our bunting challenge at CES challenges this week!! Hope you're well, hugs Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable, super cute card. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sue this is so beautiful and cute too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Sue - your styles never cease to amaze me - I love this.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just Delightful! Love the blue colours,and your image is so cute. Gorgeous card
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!