Thursday, 18 August 2011

Katzelkraft project

For my Katzelkraft project this week I've made a card that was inspired by watching a colleague doodle while we were in a meeting together ! Fascinating where your inspiration comes from !


The stamp sets I've used for this project are Wings, Fleurs and Nature. I started by making the background, I stamped with black Archival ink and blended Barn Door and Spiced Marigold DI over the card. I then covered it with Gesso and scraped off the excess. When it was dry I stamped the word nature randomly over it in black Archival ink. The three panels are stamped with black Archival ink and then distressed.


The butterfly is stamped onto acetate and then I've added gems to the centre. The metal frame has been treated with Alcohol ink and then mounted over the text on silicone.

I'm also entering my project into the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge which is 'bling'.

All of the stamps I've used are available exclusively from The Craft Barn in the UK and from Katzelkraft in France.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, I love this card!!! The colours are gorgeous
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Sue love acetate butterflies XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Sue, very beautiful! I enjoy it.

    Hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue
    I see you have been creating fabulous things whilst I have been away on holiday. I love all your pieces, such beautiful things to see.
    Congratulations on joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges - I am so pleased you could join us and I am excited at you being one of the team.
    I hope all is well with you.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful - such rich colours and beautifully stamped images...
    Thanks so much for sharing your work with the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue. Your piece for Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week is lovely! I love the stamped images you used. The bling butterfly is perfect for your piece. I also love the rich, deep colors and design. Thanks for joining us for challenge! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another stunner Sue, is there no end to your talent ... I hope not.

    All that stamping is superb and the colour tones just magnificent, the layout is a winner.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. There you go again with those amazing backgrounds! This is so lovely - really pretty stamps and wonderful rich colors. Love the stitching and that acetate butterfly simply ROCKS!

    Always a pleasure to see an entry from you in the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous work, love the rich colours of the distressing, brilliant with these images.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful piece of art, fabulous colours and an amazing background.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!