Friday, 12 August 2011

The Stamp Man Challenge

So it's time for another challenge over at The Stamp Man which this time is Anything goes with Summer colours.


For my project I've made an 8" x 8" card, which is a first, I've wanted to have a go for ages. It definitely puts a different spin on your design... there's so much more space!
I started with the background which is covered with Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint DI then I've stamped the butterflies from the Tim Holtz Papillon stamp set in Archival Olive green. The five panels were all covered with Distress Stains Wild Honey. On two of them I stamped using the Aspects of Design Butterfly Beauties using Archival Coffee. I've also used the mini mask from the Florets set and sponged more Wild Honey DI over it. The two embossed panels are made using the Cuttlebug EF Bloom Dots and a Quickutz EF. I've then used the Wild Honey DI direct to paper method. The flower is made using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flower die and I've cut it from card that's been 'swooshed' in re-inker blobs that have been sprayed with water. I've also used crinoline for a couple of the layers that have been coloured with Distress Stains Wild Honey.



The swirls are cut using the Mini Flourish die and the ticket is stamped with a stamp from the Stuff to Say set. The small flowers are cut using the Tattered Flowers die from shrink plastic. I've then covered them with acrylic paint, let it dry and stamped the centre with the small flower from the Aspects of Design set, punched a hole and then shrunk them ! The die cut butterfly is a left over from a class I did at the wonderful LB Crafts. The ribbon is made from seam binding that I've sprayed with re-inker mixed with water.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:



13 comments:

  1. Oh, what a beautiful card, Sue! Love all the butterflies and flowers ;) It's right up my street! Hugs Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue
    A gorgeous and beautiful card love the colour and all the details thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, What a stunning card, beautiful work, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just crazy beautiful, Sue! LOVE the colors and all the beautiful embellishments. 8x8, huh? Now you've got me thinking - may just have to try it!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful.

    I have also just seen your fabulous creation on Fashionable Stamping - some of my most favourite BLine Design stamps. Please forgive me if I decide to use them as well.
    Hugs
    Valx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue this is stunning am really gonna miss your designs for ABC but will make sure I pop by your blog to see your fab creations.
    Hugs
    Clare
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scrolling through your site and catching up the is a strong colour theme going on lots and lots of hot summer oranges and greens love it! Beautiful card so much work and so many fabulous details wonderful XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great card hun! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful card, love everything about it! thanks so much for joining the distressing challenge this week at charisma! good luck carlyann xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! That was my first reaction! I love this stunning card! What striking colors! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is a wonderful creation, beautiful colour theme and the image is gorgeous , fabulous Embossing too,

    thank you so much for joining us at the Crafty Catz Challenge Emboss it and we hope you stop by next week and join in,

    I also have some calorie free candy if you are interested

    Good Luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget :0) x

    Crafty Catz DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooooh, love these colours and that earthy look! gorgeous project - thanks for sharing your lovely distressed creation with the Charisma Galz this week!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!