Sunday, 7 August 2011

Sunday Tag !

We've had a really lazy Sunday today, but then isn't that what Sundays are for ! I managed to spend some time in my craft room too and decided to make a tag. I have to say I am falling in love with the Tim Holtz Distress Stains, so you may see them featuring alot in my work !


I cut this tag using the Tim Holtz Sizzix die and then covered it with Wild Honey Distress Stains. I then stamped the images from the Tim Holtz French Marketplace set of stamps with Coffee Archival ink. I've also used a stamp from the Papillon set and stamps from a Darkroom room set called Love Birds.

The flower is made using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die and I've cut them from Crinoline which I bought from the lovely Linda's Etsy shop. I sprayed the flowers with water that had a few drops of Scattered Straw re-inker in it. The swirl is the Tim Holtz mini Flourish. The letters are cut using the Vintage Market die and then inked with DI and covered with Glossy Accent. I cut the postal mark from the French Marketplace and then gave it the same treatment. The ribbon is seam binding and I've then coloured it using the Wild Honey Distress Stains.

I've entering this tag into the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge which is to make a tag.

Well that's it for today, need to go and sort of work clothes and boring stuff like that now ready for tomorrow.


12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tag, I love it! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sue! I love your tag. It's deep, rich colors are really wonderful. I also love the stamped images you chose for your background. And WOW...does that cream flower pop or what?! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwww Sue, this is so amazing!

    Hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous tag! Congrats on your win. Love the way you've added the word FLY so subtly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag! That flower is fabulous. Congrats on making top 3!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tag!! Glad I followed along with the hop otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to see your lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing tag with some of my favorite colors! Congratulations on making Top 3!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really lush and wonderful! Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi again,

    I've been meaning to stop by all week and congratulate you on your Top 3 win over at Simon Says S&S! This tag is gorgeous and so is your crinoline flower! Thanks for giving me a shout out there.

    I saw you had left a question on a piece I did last week on whether I used gesso. On that particular card, yes, but I find that gesso dries too fast. White acrylic ink doesn't cover enough to suit me so I have started mixing the two 50/50 and really like the way it works. So that's what I'll be using going forward.

    Congrats again on your beautiful tag!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!