Friday, 2 September 2011

Birds galore !

This is a scheduled post as we are on our way to the Isle of Skye today ! The card I'm sharing with you is another one I made for my other half's birthday. He's mad on wildlife and photography so we're hoping that Skye will have alot to offer us !


I started with the background and I put drops of Tea Dye, Old Paper and Scattered Straw re-inker on my craft sheet and then spritzed it with water. I then 'swooshed' the card onto the craft sheet, I love the colours that came out as a result ! I then used the Automne Katzelkraft stamp set with Archival Coffee and Olive ink. Both birds are from the Darkroom Door Love Birds stamp set. I cut the smaller one out using a square Nestability and masked off part of one of the text stamps to add 'Little Bird' to it. I stamped the larger bird then stamped it again onto a Post It note and masked it off while I over stamped it with the text. The two leaves are also from the Katzelkraft stamp set and I've stamped them onto Grunge Paper and used more DI on them.

The sentiment is from the Darkroom Door set and the frame is cut using the Tim Holtz Tag die. I've then cut out the inner part to make it large enough so you can see the text, covered it with Walnut Stain DI and then coated it with Glossy Accents. The swirls in the background are made using the Tim Holtz Elegant Flourishes die and I've covered them with Vintage Photo DI and then Crackle Glaze.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the images. Have a wonderful day wildlife watching. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Sue, this is gorgeous. The images are fab and the colours and design all make it a perfect card.
    Happy holidays.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous card, such beautiful images. Love all the inking and distressing.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, such a wonderful card, love the distressed edges and the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning, love the style and colours. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card. It has very nice colors and it's very interesting to look at.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!