Sunday, 11 September 2011

Fashionable Stamping Challenge

It's time for another challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge, and this time we would like to see a Tag ! Check out the main blog for the rest of the DT's fabulous tags and also for the prize !

I started by puttings drops of Scattered Straw, Shabby Shutters and Bundled Sage re-inkers on my craft sheet and then spritzed it with water (this seems to be my favourite technique at the moment!) Then I stamped with Archival Olive ink using the Wendy Vecchi 'Art from the Heart' stamp set. The sentiment is from the 'Be Happy...Make Art' set. The butterfly is from an Inkadinkado stamp set.


The tulip is stamped onto Grunge Paper that I've blended Forest Moss and Wild Honey DI over. The Tim Holtz Mini Flourish is also cut from Grunge Paper and I've used Wild Honey Distress Stains on it. I stamped the head of the tulip onto some shrink plastic, punched a hole then shrunk it ! The ribbon is seam binding that has been coloured using Forest Moss and Wild Honey Distress Stains. The eagle eyed among you will have spotted a 'splodge' on the right hand side - lesson that was learnt is don't use Red Pepper alcohol ink on another project next to your finished projects !

EDIT: Unfortunately the weather has taken a turn for the worse today, here on the Isle of Skye, but lucky for me the cottage we're staying in has Wi-Fi so I'm taking the opportunity to enter a few challenges ! I'm entering this project into the following challenges:


I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.

21 comments:

  1. super creation, thanks for joining in with CRAFTY CATZ this week, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Sue. Such fabulous colours and I really love those images. Have yet to buy any Wendy Vecchi as the price here makes me wince!
    Sorry to hear about the gales but try and stay warm and cosy inside the cottage!
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue,
    I love the colours you have used, very vibrant, stunning! I haven't had any luck with that background technique, I think I must use the wrong colours??? Wonderful tag
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours are awesome, love your tag, Enjoy the rest of your holiday. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue
    Such fabulous, bright colours on your tag.
    Really pretty.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this tag, the colours are so vibrant. Gorgeous detail with the images. Great background technique.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love your tag, Sue! Love the tulip and this beautiful colour palette, simply stunning! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, really love your background colors and the Tulip is a beautiful touch! Amazing tag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love the background Sue! You make it look so effortless. Glad you have WI-FI!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh this is one gorgeous creation,
    fabulous colour theme, I love the ribbons and the image is adorable its just perfect for our Challenge this week,

    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge #99 Ribbons,

    I hope you can join us again next week

    I have some new Calorie free candy if you are interested

    Good Luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :-)x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely tag. Thanks for joining us at the By The Cute And Girly challenge this month.

    ** Kate **

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love you tag! Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew anything goes challenge!

    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gourgeous tag and it's perfect for our challenge!
    Thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week for my Flowers and swirls challenge!
    Good luck and I hope to see you again
    Hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sue, that's a beautiful tag, love the fresh colors - a wonderful spring feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous Wendy Vecchi style Sue, I just love it.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely card and thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz with our ribbon theme

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous Sue, I love your colour combination and your background stamping as well as your lovely dimentional flowers and swirls. You've done Wendy proud! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous tag, Sue - I love the richness of the colour and the added flower and swirl are lovely.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really love the colours in this its so rich and beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am newest follower of your blog. I am doing my own version of the different type of tags for Christmas so this way I was able to make it for this challenge and make it one of my tags. The entries are wonderful everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  21. your card is so colorful i love color mixture of the background.



    Plastic Card
    Plastic Cards

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!