Saturday, 24 September 2011

The Fashionable Stamping Challenge

Well that's another 2 weeks that have flown by ! That means it's time for another challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge. The challenge this time is one of my favourites, which is Vintage. Make sure you check out the challenge blog for the rest of the DT's fabulous projects and of course the prize !




I made this card for my sister's Pearl wedding anniversary and as she's away on holiday at the moment I know I'm safe to show it ! I made the background using a Stampin' Up background stamp called En Francais and as I didn't want it to be too dark I used Versafine Smokey Grey ink. The hearts are a Martha Stewart punch and I've threaded embroidery thread around the edge and added a pearl. The swirls and border are both Tim Holtz dies.


The main image is one of my favourite stamps and is by B Line Designs. I've stamped it in Smokey Grey again and used some Faded Denim and Stormy Sky DI around the edge and some pearls. The date is done on my PC and then I've used the Tim Holtz FileTabs die to cut them out. The ribbon is some seam binding and I took apart a stick pin so that I could change the beads to pearls.



I hope you get chance to join us in this challenge. I am experiencing blogger problems at the moment and it won't let me leave any comments and keeps signing me out ! So I promise I will visit, but can't promise I will be able to leave a comment !




16 comments:

  1. Sue so wish I was your sister, what a stunning card you have made for her, (hint hint it's my pearl anniversay next year lol). What you have done with those file tabs is brill (another on my list of wants, but this one is going to the top).

    Such a stylish card and the stamped smokey grey image is just adorably graceful. Love it.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, your sister will love this card, it's so wonderful. Great colors on it and all the details are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card, the colours are wonderful, your sister will be very pleased. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is great, fabulous colours and I love how you put the date round the image

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue I love this card, gorgeous image and beautiful colour. Great idea with the date.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Sue, stamping in grey gives a much more delicate look and its stunning with the blue. You're sister will love it
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Sue. I love the B Line image and your lovely background. The lattice hearts are a perfect finishing touch.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a fabulous image and design Sue and the colours are perfect. Lucky sister.
    I saw Lin at Ally Pally today. My sister and I are doing another of her workshops in November.
    Have a good week.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Anniversay card, your sister will treasure it I'm sure. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue, you always come up with a brilliant colour, and this blue is so gorgeous! I have added the smokey grey ink to my wish list...how you have used it is beautiful. Lovely card Sue
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, beautiful card Sue.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful Sue. I love your colours, such a clever choice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sue, I love softness you chose with gray ink and all the details you put into your card. The image by B-line is fab, too! Your sister will absolutely love you card, I'm sure. Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty! It probably took a long time to make.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous creation, love the colors!
    Ellie
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sue
    Apologies for only visiting you now.
    A stunning card and what a gorgeous blue.
    I have that stamp set (BLine), it exudes timeless elegance just as your card does.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!