Wednesday, 28 September 2011

Good luck !

Today has been a very sad day for me as my boss has left our company. As a PA even though you try hard not to get attached it's not easy, especially when they're a lovely person. The card I'm sharing with you now is what I made for him.


The stamp is by Vintage Memories and I've stamped it with black Stazon and then cut it out with Labels 18 Nestabilities. I've used Faded Jeans and Stormy Sky DI around the edge. The embossed panel is made using the Distressed Stripes EF and I've used Faded Jeans and a little bit of Walnut Stain DI. The horizontal strip of paper is a scrap piece from my stash and I've distressed it with DI. The background panel is made with Faded Jeans DI and I've masked off the card to make the Scottish flag ( my boss is from Edinburgh).


The buttons I picked up from a little craft shop on the Isle of Skye, so added the perfect authentic Scottish touch ! The tickets are cut using the Tim Holtz die and then stamped with a stamp from the Odds and Ends Tim Holtz set. The Good Luck stamp is a random stamp I have in my stash, I've no idea who it's by !

I'm also entering this card in to the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge which is Show Men Only.

I could not believe how warm it was when I left work this afternoon ! I'm definitely not complaining and long may it continue as long as I get to see some of it at the week end too !

5 comments:

  1. Great card for a bloke, love all your layering and its a super stamp. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous male vintage card Sue. I love the stormy sky DI and it goes fabulously with faded jeans and a touch of walnut stain. I bet your boss loved it.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Sue, perfect for a chap.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful image, Sue, and I love the way you masked the card to create the flag image. Terrific sponging as always and great texture and distressing. Always a pleasure to have you joining in the fun with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!