Friday, 9 September 2011

The Stamp Man Challenge

It's time for another challenge over at The Stamp Man. This time we would like to see black and white with one other colour. The prize is a £10 voucher to spend at The Stamp Man.
This was most certainly a challenge for me not being able to reach for my Distress Inks !


I started by making the background using the stamps from the Classical Instruments stamp set by Aspects of Design. I distressed the edges and then lightly rubbed some Black Soot DI around the edge (couldn't not use them at all !) The vertical panel is made using the Allegro Cuttlebug EF.

The main image is also from the Classical Instruments set and I've paper pierced around the edge and used a black pen for some faux stitching. The corduroy brad is from my stash. The swirls are made using the Tim Holtz Mini Flourish die and the ribbon is seam binding that I've used Wild Honey Distress Stains on to change the colour.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.

4 comments:

  1. A gorgeous creation Sue and love the musical stamp, stitching and flourishes.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the stitching. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, I love the stamps you have chosen and the stitching is the perfect finishing touch x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great black and white card with a little touch of orange. Wonderful stitching on it.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!