Thursday, 29 September 2011

Two ladies !

If only you knew how long it's taken me to write this post ! To say I've fallen out with the internet is putting it mildly ! For some bizarre reason my internet connection keeps failing, and it's getting way past a joke now! Anyway, while the going is good I'd better crack on! The card I'm sharing with you today is my Katzelkraft project for this week and it is also a birthday card for one of my nieces.


The stamp set I've used is Femmes 1900 I really love these images and they will be perfect for my niece ! They're stamped with black Archival ink then I've cut them out using Labels 17 Nestabilities which I've blended Broken China DI around the edge. The embossed panel is made with a Stampin' Up EF and then I've rubbed Broken China DI over the top. The swirl is cut using the Tim Holtz Elegant Flourishes die and I've also embossed this with the same EF and rubbed Broken China DI over the top too. The butterfly is another Tim Holtz die and I've given it the same treatment as the swirl and added some beads in the centre. The paper is from the Vintage Shabby paper stack, which I picked up at the week end after I sold some cards unexpectedly ! I have to say it is rather gorgeous so it took me ages before I could bring myself to actually cut into it !


The ribbon is seam binding which I've coloured with Broken China DI and the flower is cut using the Tattered Flowers die from crinoline then I've tipped the edges with Broken China DI. The sentiment was done on my PC.

The stamps I've used are available exclusively from The Craft Barn in the UK and from Katzelkraft in France.

Right I shan't linger as I don't know how much longer my connection will last..........

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Sue.......love your Christmas card with the pears too.......I have a 'thing' about pears.
    Sorry to hear you are having problems with t'internet. The only thing that cured all of the problems we were having was to reset the computer to factory level and now it's fabulous. You do have to remember to save anything important or wanted onto disc though.
    Hugs
    Sheila-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, I love the whole card, your niece will get a huge surprise when she sees it. Beautiful colours.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, very feminine,I'm sure she will love it. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm, love those images and that crinoline flower is really up my street. Great card Sue, I bet your niece loves it.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, that's a fabulous card, love all the shades of blue and the texture on it. I'll keep my fingers crossed, that your internet will work in future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors and all the texture. Terrific the way you worked in the two images. Super work with the crinoline - loving your flower! Thanks so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog earlier today!

    Have a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. bear grylls messer
    Check out my webpage ; bear grylls messer

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!