Friday, 21 October 2011

Christmas at night !

When I saw the challenge for The Stamp Man this time I hadn't got a clue what I was going to do for my DT project ! The challenge is 'night time' and the prize is a £10 voucher to spend at The Stamp Man.


So, thinking cap on, this is what I came up with ! I got my brayer out for the first time in ages, I love the effect of the brayer I just don't seem to be able to make it do what I want ! I started by punching a circle from a Post It and then brayering over the top with Adirondack Stonewashed and Denim ink then used some Black Soot DI around the top edges. I sponged some Wild Honey DI around the moon shape so it wasn't so stark. I masked off the bottom part and sponged some DI along the edges to give the impression of hills. The trees are from the Reindeer Flight set of stamps by Tim Holtz as is the reindeer.The small leaves and branches are cut using the Tim Holtz Sizzlet die called Autumn Gathering. I've used a white gel pen to draw around the edges. The word is from the Mini Holidays Tim Holtz stamp set and I stamped it using a white paint dabber, dried it with my heat gun then rubbed Faded Jeans DI over the top.

The snowflake is wooden and I've used the white paint dabber on it too and added a button to the centre. The ribbon is seam binding and I've used Faded Jeans Distress Stains to colour it. To finish I sprayed the whole project with Glimmer Mist, Marshmallow, you can't tell on the photo but in real life it's added a lovely shimmer to it.

I'm entering this card in the PaperPlay challenge which is to use black.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge !

11 comments:

  1. OMG Sue, how our minds are so alike at times - and even though we had the same sort of ideas, how different our cards are.
    This is gorgeous with the blue, black and white and the deer and embellishments add that extra dimension to it. Fabulous.
    Have a great weekend.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, love the background you have achieved.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super winter card, love the scene you created. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning card. I love the dusky evening glow you have achieved. The brayering is superb. XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue, thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. I so appreciate that and love reading them. I do love this card you made, it has a Tim Holtz style, great work! Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Sue. I love how you have created the landscape and the moon. Then the Tim Holtz stamps to bring it all together.
    This DT is so creative. I am loving being a member.
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab card, its stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card, Sue - I love that brayered sky - the colours are wonderful, the reindeer and wooden snowflake really finish it to perfection.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I tend to always stick with red and green for christmas but your blue and cream look so, sooo elegant. I guess I'll have to rethink my christmas-colours...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful, I love the way you have used the yellow to tone down the moon, I would never have thought to do this x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!