Sunday, 23 October 2011

Coffee, cream and chocolate !

It's time for another challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping challenge. For this challenge we would like to see coffee, cream and chocolate, so that's colours ranging from a soft cream through to a rich black (just like the really rich dark chocolate !) The prize is a fab set of Stampendous stamps, check out the main blog for the details.


I couldn't resist using my Pan Pastels again and started by using the snowflake stamp from the Tim Holtz Mini Holidays stamp set. Stamped with Versamark and then rubbed the Pan Pastel over the top. The side panel is made using a Rubber Stampede stamp and Coffee Archival ink, the stitching is faux. The main image is also from the Mini Holidays stamp set and I've used the Fleur de Lys square Nestabilities.


The ticket is from the Tim Holtz Odds and Ends stamp set and the flourish is the Tim Holtz Mini flourish. The flower is cut from crinoline using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die and then I've used Antique Linen DI to give it a touch of cream. The brad in the centre is a corduroy one from my stash. The snowflake is wooden and I've added a piece of Candy and then covered it with Glossy Accents.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Right, I'm off to watch the Rugby World Cup Final now looks like it should be a good match !

20 comments:

  1. Fabulous vintage creation Sue. Gorgeous image and I just love the nestie squares (these will be going on my wish list). Beautiful embellishing too.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,
    What a fabulous vintage xmas card! I love seeing you using the pan pastels again...they seem to be so versatile. I'm with Fliss, I think I will be adding the nestie squares to my wish list too!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous vintage creation, thank you so much for joining us at the Winter Wonderland this week
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have some candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue
    A stunningly, special Christmas card. Whoever receives this in the post is very lucky indeed.
    Gorgeous use of stamps and products.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sue,

    Oh what a fabulous nostalgic xmas card youve got here. It is just perfect!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So love the vintage feel you created in this beautiful Christmas card! The framing of Santa is amazing! I think I have those dies, but have never used them! You have inspired me! Love every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue, WOW what a great card, Thanks for playing on our Vintage week challenge on MAWTT, Love Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, this is one of my favourite Santa stamps. Love your design as well. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow this is gorgeous - love the vintage santa image and the wooden snowflake
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for our vintage challenge
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue, that's a wonderful Christmas card with a great vintage feeling. A beautiful Santa image.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superbly rich, dark and creamy at the same time Sue. A fabulous mix of the strong coffee and creamy tones and I just love the addition of the flower.
    Hope you've had a great Sunday.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous vintage Christmas card, love all the elements and especially that nestie( I got the rectangle one by mistake!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your gorgeous card Sue.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  14. every thing is a side but the border out line is so stylish it just embossed the card i must say awesome creativity .
    Plastic Card
    Plastic business cards

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous Vintage Christmas card, Love the way you have matted the image on the nesti square,and your faux stitching - thought it was real!
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card. I love the details.

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations Sue on your top 3 win at Winter Wonderland's vintage xmas....well deserved Sue, it is a fabulous card!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Sue,
    I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!!
    Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
    I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!