Thursday, 13 October 2011

Father Christmas !

For my Katzelkraft DT project this week I decided it was time to take the plunge and start to make my Christmas cards ! I spent quite a while just staring out of the window as I coudn't think what to do. So this is a simple card, but I am quite pleased with it !

The stamp sets I've used are Wonderland - Let it Snow and Noel - Demi Plaque. I started with the background and used my new favourite thing which is Pan Pastels. They are gorgeous ! I was lucky to win a set of 12 from the lovely Lin at LB Crafts. You may see quite alot of them in my projects ..........
I started by stamping the holly stamp with Versamark then rubbing the Pan Pastel over the top. Then I stamped the Season's Greetings stamp with Forest Moss DI. To tie the background in with the date stamp I rubbed Black Soot DI down the edge of a ruler then rubbed it up and down on the background.


The main image and the date are both cut out using a rectangle Nestability and I've rubbed Bundled Sage and Forest Moss DI around the edge. The ribbon and pearls are from my stash.

The stamps I've used are available exclusively from The Craft Barn in the UK and from Katzelkraft in France.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sue

    GREAT card! Love the way you've used the ribbon.

    Judi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...it's great that you have made a start...you are inspiring me, especially after all my new stamps just arrived! Great card Sue.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous start on Christmas and I love how you did your ribbon and the colours and background. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue
    A beautiful, vintage Christmas card. Love the colours.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous vintage Christmas card. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful, Sue! I really need to find my Mojo re: my Christmas cards. Glad you found yours. Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. A truely lovely card. Love the vintage feel to it. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fantastic card and great use of the Pan Pastels.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!