Thursday, 13 October 2011

Good luck !

Thank goodness there's only one more day to go until the week end......it's been a very long week ! The card I'm sharing with you is one I've made for a lady at work who left today. I wanted it to be a bit quirky so it would suit her !

I started by making the background, which was inpsired by the latest Craft Stamper magazine. Take a plastic bag and 2 or 3 different coloured inks, I used Distress Inks, and put your hand in the bag and scrunch it up, dab on to the ink then onto the card ! Simple ! I then stamped on to it using stamps from different Tim Holtz sets. I blended Pan Pastels around the edge and I sealed it with a spray of hairspray. The stitching around the edge is faux. I made a master sheet using a text stamp from a Wendy Vecchi set and Pan Pastels. The vertical panel is cut from the sheet and then I then used a Martha Stewart border punch. The main image is a PaperArtsy stamp and I've stamped it onto a piece from the master sheet.


The sentiment is from the Stempelglede stamp set called Just a Note and the metal frame is one I recycled from a card I was given. The flower is made using the Tattered Flowers Tim Holtz die and the centre flower is cut from Crinoline and then I've blended Wild Honey DI over it and stamped the Wendy Vecchi text stamp on it and used a black corduroy brad in the centre. The swirl is made using the Elegant Flourishes die and then I've blended Wild Honey and Vintage Photo DI over it.

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:


11 comments:

  1. Another of your fabulous cards Sue, I love your striking blend of colours.
    Hope your niece is doing better.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely brilliant - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Sue! Love all the techniques and details. So impressive. Hope your neic is doing better. Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue. Your card is stunning. Love the background. I'll have to check out that edition of Craft Stamper. The lady you work with will absolutely love this card. It's got so much detail...very very nicely done. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue
    A beautiful blend of colours and I like the sentiment tucked behind the frame.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card Sue. I saw that technique and cannot wait to try it. Love your complete design. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful card with beautiful elements.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the inky goodness in this card! I am sure the recipient will love it too.
    Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my Sue this is so pretty! Love the colors, the choice of papers, the stamping . . . everything about this! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card hun! thanks for playing at Charisma Cardz! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely GORGEOUS! love all the blended colours and the gorgeous elements - and the textures and dimension - well i just love your card! thanks for playing along with the Charisma Galz this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!