Sunday, 16 October 2011

Tulip birthday !

I've been playing again with my Pan Pastels and thought I'd share all the wonderful colours that I shall be dabbling with !


The card that I've made is for a woman at work, it's her birthday on Tuesday and I wanted to use bright colours so I thought I'd combine the red, yellow and green. I stamped the text from a Wendy Vecchi set and the star with Versamark. I then blended the Pan Pastels over the ink.


This was the result ! I sprayed it with a misting of hairspray to seal it (not quite the right thing but it seems to work!)

I stamped the tulip, from the same Wendy Vecchi set, with Versamark too and blended more Pan Pastels over it. The little green 'blobs' are made using a Viva Paper Pen. The background panel is part of a master sheet I made using the plastic bag and ink technique. I've stamped the border stamp which is another Wendy Vecchi one, along the bottom.


The sentiment is from a Papermania set and the frame is part of the Tim Holtz Tag die. I've cut the butterfly using the Tim Holtz Mini Butterfly die from acetate and then used alchol inks. I put three blobs of Viva Paper Pen down the centre and unfortunately they merged together ! Some buttons and a bit of Ideaology and that was it ! Just need to remember to post it now tomorrow morning !

We've got one of my nieces coming round tonight for a meal. She decided that for her birthday instead of a present she would like us to cook her a meal ! So, there's a bit of smoked salmon, skate wings and creme brulee, I think that should go down well !

I'm entering this card into the Our Creative Corner challenge which is Totally Transparent - I've used some acetate for the butterfly.


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card I love the rich vivid colours, I'm hoping my pan pastels delivery turns up tomorrow as I'm itching to use them. I've recently bought Judikins microglaze and I'm hoping I may be able to use that as a sealant. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Sue, your friend should be thrilled with it. Sounds like you have an amazing meal planned have a great evening.
    Hugs
    Clare
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful birthday card, your collegue will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW......what gorgeous colours Sue.
    Love the card.
    Hugs
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Sue, your card is gorgeous! Love the background and how you've mixed all those wonderful colors as a base. I also really like the way you've placed the HB piece to the side, with the B charm hanging. Not to mention your awesome transparent butterfly... thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fabulous Sue, just love the colours and stamps. A very striking and colourful card..
    luv {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ... what a super card, I love all the eye candy here .... your background detailing is fabulous and that butterfly is just stunning!
    Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pastels blend so nicely, and the butterfly is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at OCC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card! Very colorful and dynamic. Thanks for playing along with us this week on Our Creative corner.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!