Sunday, 9 October 2011

Wendy Vecchi Style !

We've zoomed through another 2 weeks so that means it's time for another challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge ! For this challenge we want to see anything but a card. Check out the main blog for the rest of the DT's work and for the prize.


When I saw what the challenge was going to be this time round I decided it was an opportunity to alter a frame I bought ages ago. I also spotted that the challenge this week over at Simon Says Stamp and Show is to make a project in Wendy Vecchi's style. I've got a couple of Wendy's stamp sets so decided to give it a whirl ! I have to say I've really enjoyed making this project. I started by covering the frame using a technique I saw in the latest Craft Stamper magazine. I used lots of different scrap pieces of paper and I also stamped onto some of them using the text stamp from the Art from the Heart stamp set. They're all stuck down with PVA glue, then another coat of PVA over the top and while that was still wet I sprayed it with water mixed with alcohol inks. I think I needed a darker colour as it didn't show up as well as I was hoping. I used Walnut Stain Distress Stain to add some 'splodges'. The letters of the word 'dream' are grunge letters which I've covered wth black acrylic paint and when they were dry I sanded them and rubbed Rusty Hinge DI over the top.



The butterflies are cut using the Tim Holtz Mini Butterfly die from Grunge Paper. The tulips are from the Art from the Heart stamp set and they're also stamped onto Grunge Paper that I've blended DI over. The spotty flower is an Inkadinkado stamp and again I've stamped onto Grunge Paper then cut the flower in half. The text in the centre is from the Be Happy..Make Art set as is the border across the top. The bottom border is from the Art from the Heart set and the swirl is cut using the Elegant Flourishes die from Grunge Paper.

I'm entering this project into the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge which is to show THE Wendy Vecchi Style; One Stop Challenge which is Anything goes and By the Cute and Girly which is also Anyting Goes but there's also a blog hop which I'm just off to do !

I hope you get chance to join us at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge.


18 comments:

  1. A really stunning frame Sue and I just love the colours and the effect you've achieved with all the paper scraps.
    Thanks for sharing all the details too.
    Have a lovely Sunday.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss such an amazing piece of artwork Sue.

    What you have done with all those scrap pieces around the frame is magic, can totally see how you enjoyed making this creation. Love every bit of it, what would we do without PVA glue!!!!

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, your altered frame is outstanding, I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Sue, this is just an amazing WV frame, you have captured the style perfectly. The colours are so rich and vibrant and the flowers and butterfly are the perfect embellishment. So creative - well done.
    Have a happy Sunday.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue. Your Wendy Vecchi collage frame is wonderful! I really really REALLY like it!!! Nice colors....and I love how you mixed text with pictures and other stamped backgrounds. It's all just a wonderful piece! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sue! Just love your Wendy Vecchi style framed goodness! Love that sentiment and what a great use of papers! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sue!! Stunning isn't big enough of a word for your work on this frame!!!! Absolutely fabulous!!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at By The Cute & Girly. Have fun with our 2nd anniversary blog hop and good luck!

    Hugzzz
    Tammy xx

    If you haven’t seen it yet, I have some candy up for grabs at Creations LaDiva :)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just wonderful Sue, so eye-catching and great colours...I love the reds! It looks fabulous in the frame and Wendy would be proud...great job! Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, love your frame, so many things to look at, the colours are Fab. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya Sue thank you for joining us at the SImon Says Stamp and Show Challenge blog and you made a fabulous Wendy creation, love the rich colors and the mixed text with the pictures are just great. Hugs Terryxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning frame Sue, loved reading how you achieve it. Gorgous rich colours.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woohoo, totally awesome piece for the Wendy Vecchi challenge. You have captured her style perfectly, especially with your flair for using distress inks. I really love what you did with altering the frame and how you used more of the same in the middle rather than a photo. Super piece of work, Sue. Always a pleasure to have you joining in the fun with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sue, Your frame is amazing! Just so man details to look St. I lov it! best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your frame! the colour, the swirl the stamp! beautiful! Thank you for celebrating BTC&G birthday this month and good luck! X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your frame is gorgeous! I love how you did different things around it, some 3D, some not, beautiful stamping and colors.... LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful piece of art Sue, I love the effect of the technique and the colours and images are wonderful. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow what a great project. I love how the touches of bright colors pop out. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day. Angela

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!