Friday, 25 November 2011

21 again !

Ooh how I wish I was ! However, this card is a birthday card for one of my nieces. Her birthday isn't until the 3 December, but I'm trying to get ahead so I can make some much needed Christmas cards !


I started with the background and I masked off the left hand side and then stamped the swirl which is by Crafty Individuals, on the right hand side with Versamark and then blended blue and red Pan Pastels over it to make a shade of purple. On the left hand side I stamped the manikin image, which is by BLine Designs, and the words, which are from a Darkroom Door set. The fancy corners are from a Katzelkraft set. The vertical panel is stamped with the Stampin' Up En Francais background stamp and then embossed with the Victoria EF. I punched the edge with a Martha Stewart punch and blended DI over it. I used a Tim Holtz stamp from the French Marketplace set and tore pieces out of the card and then blended DI over it.


The main image is a Katzelkraft stamp and I've cut it out using Nestabilities. The ribbon is seam binding and I rubbed DI over it and then sprayed it with a few drops of Chipped Sapphire re-inker in some water. The butterfly is cut from black shrink plastic using the mini Butterfly Tim Holtz die and the letter is a Type Charm.


The tickets are all cut from crinoline using the Tim Holtz die and then inked with DI. I then stamped onto them using Katzelkraft and Oxford Impressions stamps. The '21' is made using the Vintage Market die, Black Soot DI and Glossy Accents.

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:

It's turned really cold here, I hope you're all keeping warm in your craft rooms !

16 comments:

  1. what a fabulous card, love all the elements and especially the crinoline tags, thank you for giving me the info on where to get it

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Sue, a lovely card that I bet your niece will love. The crinoline tickets look amazing.
    Have a great weekend.
    luv and hugs {brenda] xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning. I would say that she will fall in love with your creation.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, what gorgeous colours Sue! So much love put into this card.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is. Dream Sue! Your niece will love it, I'm sure! Say warm. Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is stunning Sue.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! Its fantastic, sorry but I just love it!

    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card - I love shabby chic. Dunno about you but not sure I'd want to be 21 again - so much angst, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah this is super, thanks for playing our ribbons and bows challenge on MAWTT this week, Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful card and perfect for a 21 year young woman. Your niece will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card and wonderful ink blending! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW THIS IS AMAZING I LOVE IT!!
    Thanks for joining in with us at the Creative Card Crew Challenge.

    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous card. I love the colours and all the little details. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. I love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge.
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is stunning! gorgeous design and details and I love the gorgeous purple! thanks for joining us at Pretty Little Ribbon Shop, hugs, Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!