Saturday, 26 November 2011

A break from cards !

I thought I'd show you a project that I made at a recent workshop with the lovely Lin at LB Crafts. It was a fantastic day and as usual learnt loads !



The background was made with pieces of tissue paper, pages from an old book and some stamped images. We then coated it with PaperArtsy Fresco paint. The houses are all individual and we used different techniques which involved metal, paint, chipboard and inks.


The centre house below was made using the PaperArtsy crackle glaze. It's fantastic, it crackles immediately when you paint on top of it. That's definitely on my must have list !


The tree is wooden and painted and the birds were stamped and cut out.


Lots of stamping, ink and paint...... heaven !

I've not moved much today, in fact I haven't been out of the house at all ! I'm gradually getting through my long list of orders for birthday cards, which is great. Just Christmas to worry about then !

6 comments:

  1. WOW this is fab Sue,love the colours you've used, popped into LB crafts last week, allways wanted to go on one of the workshops, bet it was fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project, the houses are awesome.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Sue, just love the colours and design.
    Hope you've had a good weekend.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful Sue! Sounds like you had a great day and I love everything about your project. I think you'll be addicted to the tissue paper technique and the Fresco paints from now on :D. Hugs, Chris x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!