Sunday, 6 November 2011

In Times Gone By

Happy Sunday everyone ! We have beautiful blue skies and sunshine this morning, which is such a relief after the last few days ! Another fortnight has whizzed by which means it's time for the next Fashionable Stamping challenge. For this challenge we would like to see projects with a theme of 'In Times Gone By'. Check out the main blog for a fabulous passage that Dot has included which may give you a starting point and of course the other DT projects which are fabulous !


For my card I have used the gorgeous Darkroom Door set called 1920's Chic. I stamped the main image using Memento Black ink and then shaded her with ProMarkers. It was only after I'd finished that I'd realised I'd done it on 2 pieces of paper that had stuck together! Fortunately, I managed to stick it onto some card and all was not lost ! The embossed panel is a Stampin' Up EF and I stamped the card using the Stampin' Up background stamp called En Francais, before I embossed it. I've rubbed Old Paper DI over the top. The background is made using one of the stamps from the Darkroom Door set, and I've coloured the card using Old Paper Distress Stains before I stamped on it, then whizzed around the edge with my sewing machine.


The advert is from the Tim Holtz Adverts stamp set and I've added some little black gems to it. The flower is made from crinoline using the Tattered Flowers die and I've coloured it with Barn Door DI. The ribbon is seam binding which has also been coloured with Barn Door DI. The gorgeous filigree corner embellishment is one of the gorgeous items that Linda has in her Etsy shop. (The seam binding and the crinoline are from there too.)If you're looking for some embellisments that will make the difference, make sure you pay Linda's shop a visit.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:


So, as it's such a beautiful day, we're going to head off into the countryside with a pic nic. I hope you all have a lovely day and hope you can join us in this challenge.

23 comments:

  1. Wow, Sue, that's a breathtaking creation. Love the image, the colors and all the elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love Stampin Up products Sue and I am going to have to check out the Darkroom Door set. Just bought the TH Flower set so busy experimenting at the moment.

    Anyway waffling over your card is beautiiiiiiiful, colour tones perfect.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red is soooo very striking, I love it Sue! There are some wonderful stamps here, you must of had fun putting all of it together. I've just popped over to Linda's...and grabbed her blog button while I was there...ta
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely FABULOUS card! Love everything about it.

    Judi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, I love those stamps and the background is fabulous. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous creation Sue. I just love the pop of red and the stamped image and background layers look fabulous.
    Have a great Sunday.
    Hugs, Fliss xx
    PS: In my case the red would have to be burgundy red lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I have not been around much Sue, very caught up in the move. Back now and WOW loving this it's classic Sue stylish full of wonderful texture and the colours brilliant and as for the flower amazing! XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. A real stunner Sue, I love that lady in red and the flower is just beautiful.
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulously beautiful card, love the lady in red and the sentiment. The flower is great, I don't know hat "crinoline" is so now I'm off to investigate !

    ReplyDelete
  10. So love the touches of red! This is amazing with so many beautiful elements! Classy and vintage and the flower is a beautiful embellishment! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another outstanding card in your own inimitable style Sue. The mix of colours are fabulous and with that striking image it is so reminiscent of times gone by.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sue, first off what a fabulous blog! and secondly wow fantastic card there are so many things I love, The embossing on the background, the image, the colour combo and that gorgeous flower.

    Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge blog this time. If you are interested I have some blog candy up for grabs Posh Cat Crafts
    Hugs
    Tamara
    Anything goes DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an elegant card, love it, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card Sue, Love the red against the vintage background.Fabulous details and embellishments.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card, Sue!! Fab colouring and I love all your embellies and vintage detail!! juliex

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooooh Sue what a lovely card.
    I love the red.
    Hugs
    Sheila-x-

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore this creation, the colours are so striking. Wonderful flower, have read all info, taking hints and tips. Thanks for sharing . Caz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh gorgeous card Sue, love that elegant lady image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgous card!! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talents with us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sue
    A beautiful card thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh wow this is one really gorgeous card with beautiful detail bless you for playing at anything goes,this week,hugs cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sue, I just stumbled upon your fabulous creation while linking and surfing - actually not sure how I found your blog, but I'm so glad I did...your art is gorgeous and I love, love, love this creation.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!