Thursday, 24 November 2011

Paris !

No I'm not going to Paris, more's the pity ! The card I'm sharing with you today is my Katzelkraft DT project. It's also a birthday card that I made for my eldest niece who was 23 yesterday.

The stamp sets that I've used are Paris Monuments and Paris Postal, both are gorgeous sets ! I stamped on to the card using Versamark and then used Pan Pastels, blending 2 colours together to make a warm orange. The centre strip is stamped with the tesxt stamp from the Paris Postal set and I've blended DI over the top. The main image was inked up and then I used the text stamp for the 'kissing' technique. It didn't work as well as I'd hoped but I still like the affect.


I made the stick pin from some beads I'd got in my stash and the ribbon has been dyed using a combination of Fired Brick and Wild Honey Distress Stains, I loved the end result ! The metal frame is Tim Holtz and the beautiful metal corners are from the lovely Linda's Etsy shop.

All of the stamps I've used are available exclusively in the UK from The Craft Barn (who have free postage on all UK orders until 18 December !) and from Katzelkraft in France.

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE this - love the colours, the background and the theme - Paris is my favourite place although I seem to be passing through it and not seeing much of it lately. Must get back there at some point. Lovely work and the effects both of Pan Pastels and DIs are wonderful and warm x

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS card! Love EVERYTHING about it!

    Hugs

    Judi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, the stamps are great, love the details.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card looks wonderful, Sue. These are "my" colors :) your nice will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, lucky Neice ! fab colours

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Sue. Lovely autumnal colour combo. Cheers, Pauline

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!