Friday, 4 November 2011

The Stamp Man Challenge

First of all apologies for the poor quality photograph, I'm back to photographing by artificial and that is never good ! So, we've arrived at the next Stamp Man challenge and this time the challenge is a Collage or a Collage background. This one caused me to scratch my head, I can tell you. I'm not sure now if I like what I've done, but you have to just call it a day sometimes ! Please make sure you check out the other DT members creations, they are fabulous !

I started by covering some white card with Old Paper Distress Stains and then using the snowflake stamp from the Tim Holtz Mini Holidays set and I stamped them in Archival Coffee and Sepia. I stamped the text from French Marketplace and the Postcard stamp with black Archival ink. I then pulled out some Mulberry paper that I had lurking at the back of my shelves and used Walnut Stain Distress Stains on it. I stamped the word Believe using a white dabber. I also stamped some more snowflakes using the white dabber to mount the main image on.



The swirl is cut using the Elegant Flourishes die and the buttons are from my stash. To give it a little sparkle to finish I sprayed it with Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls spray.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love all the elements and that Santa looks very jolly !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I love what you have done. Fantastic stamping and layout. Very vintage. XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing Sue. I just love the colours and stamping with fabulous embellishments.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful, Sue! So well done. Have a great weekend. Best, Yonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, its a great collage. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Sue, Love all the layers and different embellishments you have used.
    Great image, very vintage.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card Sue! Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fantastic Christmas card. Wonderful elements and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous card Sue. Love the nostalgic coloring and images. Super inspirational. Have a wonderful day. Angela

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!