Friday, 18 November 2011

The Stamp Man Challenge

It's time for another challenge at The Stamp Man and this time Brenda has set a fab challenge. We want you to take your inspiration from one of Tim Holtz' tags of Christmas, so that means there are 48 to choose from ! You don't need to make a tag, just use the techniques as inspiration and make sure you say in your post which technique you were inspired by. As usual there is a £10 voucher up for grabs for the winner !


So, I wandered over to Tim's blog and started looking through his fab collection of tags. When I saw day 7 from 2010 I thought this was the one I was going to use as my inspiration. The background paper is from my stash and I gave it a coat of Old Paper Distress Stains. The embossed panel is made using the Distressed Stripes Cuttlebug EF, the card was given a coat of Old Paper Distress Stains and then after it was embossed I rubbed Waltnt Stain DI over the top and then some Picket Fence Distress Stains.

The flower is made from Grunge Paper which I stuck Crinoline onto as I didn't have any sticky back canvas. I then used Distress Stains, Fired Brick and Bundled Sage to colour it. I then cut the flower out using the Tattered Flowers and Tattered Leaves die and followed Tim's instructions on how to put the flower together. The Merry Christmas is from the Mini Holidays stamp set, cut out using the Wonky Rectangle Nestability. The swirl is made using the Elegant flourish die. A little bit of ideaology, some card Candi and some seam binding coloured with Fired Brick Distress Stains and that was it !

This was a great challenge and I do hope you get chance to join us.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow Sue I just love the tag Tim did for this and your interpretation is fabulous. Your Poinsettia is outstanding, such depth of colour and texture and the background sets it all off. A fabulous make for this challenge.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fantastic Sue, a wonderful interpretation. Good luck. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Sue! Your poinsettia is beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!