Sunday, 20 November 2011

White Christmas ?

As much as I love snow at Christmas, when it comes to making Christmas cards the thought of alot of white fills me with dread ! So, although the challenge this time at The Fashionable Stammping Challenge is 'I'm dreaming of a white Christmas' as long as it's a Christmas card then you'll be able to join us !

I'm slowly gathering some Christmas cards, as well as wading through all the birthday cards I need to make too !
So, onto my card, the embossed panel is coloured with Fired Brick Distress Stains, then I stamped onto it with a Stampendous text stamp, stamping in different directions, then I used the Distressed Stripes EF. To darken the red a little I rubbed some Walnut Stain DI over the top. The green panel is stamped using an Elusive Images stamp then I've blended Bundled Sage and Forest Moss DI over it. The stitching around the panel is faux (I have a few problems with the old sewing machine at the moment!) The tree image is by Katzelkraft and I've used Distress Stains to paint some of the different parts of the tree. The tag on the side is from a Stampin' Up set, and the letters are cut using the Tim Holtz Vintage Market die. They've been covered with Forest Moss DI and then Glossy Accents.


The holly and the branch are cut using the Tim Holtz Holly die. I've covered them with DI and then used some Distress Stickles around one edge, I've also added some Picket Fence Distress Stains to the branch.

I do hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.

17 comments:

  1. That's a very striking card and would work well in lots of colour ways. Lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning xmas card Sue...I especially love the way that you darkened the fired brick with walnut stain DI...I wouldn't have thought of that!
    A gorgeous card
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, your Christmas card looks fantastic, love the colors you've used and the images, too. Great die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful, rich toned Christmas card with lots of lovely detail for the eye to take in.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowser Sue, such a depth of richness in the colours and great techniques and images. I love the whole design.
    Enjoy your Sunday.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it all! The Christmas tree really pops with that wonderful shading! The embossing and all the elements are amazing! Wonderful vintage feel using the traditional Christmas colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card, love the layers of embossing and die cuts.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, your card is stunning and so Christmassy! I love all the texture and distressing you've added! Just starting to see mentions of Pickett Fence DI. Wondering if it is a new or one I've just overlooked! good luck with getting your cards made. I'm right there with you! Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your traditional style card, lovely sumptuous colours and textures, makes me want to touch it. The faux stitching is amazing and so effective. XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue, your card looks amazing!!! Love the design and the colours :) Hugs, Joanna xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Sue, I Just arrived at you blog. I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works!
    Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
    I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous Sue.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card Sue. Love the colours and image and your inking looks just gorgeous.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply Gorgeous Sue, Love all the texture and the colours look great.
    Hugs
    Clare
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those little gingerbread across the tree!!! :) They made me smile!!! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fabulous style you have Sue, all your pieces are amazing and they give such pleasure to us all. Adorable colours you have used for this card and another winner.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!