Sunday, 4 December 2011

Dressmaking !

It's time for another challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge and this time we would like to see projects with the theme of dressmaking/corsets/accessories. This challenge came just at the right time for me as I was in the middle of making birthday cards for my nieces.


I made this card for my sister to give to my eldest niece. The main image is a BLine Designs stamp and I've used the Tim Holtz Reflections stamp on it to add some text. The word 'Love' is from an Oxford Impressions stamp set as is the tape measure. The background is made using the Tim Holtz Haberdashery set and the side panel is made using the Adverts set and it's then been distressed. I paper pierced it and then added the faux stitching with a white gel pen.



The flower is made from Crinoline which has been coloured using Spun Sugar Distress Stains as has the lace. It's then been cut out using the Tattered Flowers die and the brad is a Marah Johnson. The word daughter has been done on my PC. A few pearls and buttons and that was it!

We've had a lovely week end so far as it was another of my niece's 21st Birthday yesterday so the whole family went out together for a meal and I went shopping with her too. The only problem is...... I feel really old !

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:


I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.

16 comments:

  1. This is just stunning Sue, I always admire how you can put your layers and images together so effortlessly and the colours on this one are some of my favourites. A fabulous card which I bet was well received.
    Hope you have a great Sunday.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,
    You have such a beautiful style, I always look forward to seeing what you come up with next! These colours are so gorgeous. And the detail is like Brenda said....effortless! (love the brad)
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, all the different layers, stamping and embellishments make a truly superb card. Have a great Sunday. XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your gorgeous card, the details and the beautiful pink flower that draws the eye.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. She will be thrilled to receive this, I know I would be.
    Fabulous colours and love all the details but the stamping takes centre stage.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card love your image and your papers. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card! Sue, the pink and brown colors are beautiful combined and the flower is such an elegant touch of class! Your niece will just love this! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card - super style! Thanks for joining stamp with fun.
    Big hug
    Andrea-Emmi41

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue, that's a wonderful card and your niece will love it. It's perfect for a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Sue, lovingly added layers and soft tones make this card a true elegant masterpiece! Hugs, Joannax

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a fabulous card Sue love all the details.
    luv
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. A stunning creation Sue. Love the colours and the background looks amazing. The stamping is gorgeous as is your flower - I'm intrigued by crinoline and will have to investigate.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Sue, this is absolutely incredible, wish I could buy crinoline here in Holland somewhere... I've been looking around a while now, but can't find it anywhere..
    xxEllie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Sue, the warm colours are beautiful and that flower is fab. After seeing your last project with the crinoline flower i had to pop over and buy some lol
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter, and good luck with the Challenge.
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card Sue, a great focal image - and you always do such interesting backgrounds.
    Gorgeous colours and I love that flower.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!