Friday, 16 December 2011

It's all about techniques !

It's my turn to set the challenge over at The Stamp Man and you may know that I love finding new techniques ! So, the challenge that I have set you is to use a technique you've not used before and let us know in your post what the technique is ! Simple !


I was following the fab tags that Tim Holtz did this year, I've not had time to join in but couldn't resist having a go at this one as I loved the technique ! I also stumbled across Shelly Hickcox's blog and found another technique that I've incorporated too !

The tag is cut from Kraft card and then covered with acrylic paint. I then rubbed Versamark ink on the inside of the Snowflake EF and then embossed the tag. It was then sprinkled with white embossing powder and heated and you're left with the wonderful frosty effect. I then sanded it (this is where you understand why the tag was covered in acrylic paint) and the Kraft colour comes through the paint ! This was the alternative that Shelly came up with if you didn't have any Coredinations card (which I didn't). I love it and will definitely use this technique again !


The banner is cut from Kraft card and then Tissue Tape has been stuck on top and then it's been folded. The foliage is made using a combination of the Autumn Gatherings die and a fern punch. The little pine cones are from some old Pot Pourri and I've used a Snow Cap Paint Dabber to tip the edges. The numbers are cut using the Tim Holtz Mini Reindeer & 25 die I've then swiped the numbers with Snow Cap and cut a second set of numbers in black and just offset them (I don't 'do' glitter so this was my alternative ). The beads are from my stash and the ribbon is seam binding that's been dyed using DI and then spraying it with water.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge in amongst wrapping presents and writing cards (which I still need to do!)

3 comments:

  1. Luvverly.
    That is a very nice technique.
    Hugs
    Sheila-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, that's a wonderful tag, the technique looks great, I didn't tried it yet and will keep it in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog thru Linda @ the Funkie Junkie and have been drooling over your stuff. Imagine my surprise when I saw my name, lol! Love how you've used this technique! This card and all of your other work is fabulous - so glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!