Thursday, 1 December 2011

A special birthday !

For my Katzelkraft DT project I'm sharing a card for a special birthday. This card is for an order and the lady in question has reached the very proud age of 100 ! The brief I received was that it was to be a celebration so I knew which stamps I wanted to use.

The stamp sets I've used are the Cirque 01 and Cirque 02. I started by making the stripey side using Distress Inks and masking off each colour as I went along. I've then used the Sizzix Tartan EF and rubbed DI over the top.

The image is painted with DI and I've added some Glossy Accents to the juggling balls. The vertical panel has been stamped with the hat and then mounted on a piece of card that has been punched down both sides with a Martha Stewart punch.The numbers have been made using the Tim Holtz Vintage Market alphabet and I've coloured the letters with DI and the covered them with Glossy Accents. The ribbon is made from seam binding and I've coloured it with Fired Brick and Wild Honey Distress Stains. The flowers are paper and started life as blue until I coloured them using Distress Stains. The sentiment was done on my PC.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

The stamps I've used are all available from The Craft Barn in the UK and from Katzelkraft in France.

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous celebration of a very special Birthday love the colours you have worked with perfect for your circus theme. Layout, detail and everything just as perfect as ever. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful vibrant birthday card, beautiful layout and all the elements work so well together, An amazing card for an amazing birthday. I'm sure she will love it. XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful creation and love the border and flower choice, thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have some new candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, beautiful card! I love flowers and ribbons. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a wonderful card and the lady will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, and such a milestone!

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card

    Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges hope you will join us again soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww this is stunning, I love the bright orange colour and the lovely image. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week. Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card, Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow what a fabulous card for such a wonderful occasion.. i love the bunting
    Thanks for joining us at Diva's by design this fortnight
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the details. Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sue,
    This looks lovely. Perfect for such a momentous occasion. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is gorgeous Sue! Fabulous colours and love all your details. Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card thanks for joining us at secret crafters saturday challenge.
    Hugs Sonia x

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW...100....what an accomplishment!!!! I love the colours of this card, very fun!!!! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp!
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful to see your colour strong card among all the red and green Christmas cards.
    Thank you for joining in at FnF this week.
    Dorte, GDT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card !!
    thanks for joining us at Diva's this time hope to see you next time too
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!