Thursday, 19 January 2012

Boat Trip!

For my Katzelkraft DT piece this week I decided to do a scrap book page. These are a rare occurrence for me as I don't really like doing them, but after I saw the new Scrap 365 magazine I felt inspired to have a go ! The photo's are from our holiday last year which was on the Isle of Skye. My other half went out on a very little boat to see the Sea Eagles, needless to say I kept my feet very firmly on dry land !


The background paper is a piece from a Tim Holtz paper stack. I've blended DI over it and then flicked it with bleach. (I was really good too as I didn't flick any on to my clothes !) I stamped the swirl across the bottom using my new favourite colour Iced Spruce and I also stamped the birds and the text with the same colour. The swirls were cut from cardboard that I'd peeled the top layer off then I used a Snowcap Paint Dabber and Ice Spruce and rubbed them over the top.


The piece of journalling is written on a die cut from the Artful Dwellings die which I've dipped into Old Paper re-inker which had water misted over it. I did the same for the 'Voyage' shape too. The letters down the centre are Grunge Board and I've inked them with Old Paper and Walnut Stain DI. I might have another go at a scrap book page, but I don't think it will be any time soon !

The stamps I've used are Paris Monuments, Paris Postal and Norris and JMC Quotes, all of which are available excusively from The Craft Barn in the UK or from Katzelkraft in France.

I'm also entering this project into the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge which is Anything but a Card.

6 comments:

  1. I think you have made a fab job with this page and been very creative. Hope to see more like this
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab page Sue - love it. And well done not bleaching yourself. I can guarantee I'd bleach myself and my room too!
    Love
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic page, love your photo's.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Sue. Your layout page is very nice. I thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic LO Sue, lovely vintage feel!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!