Thursday, 5 January 2012

Dragonflies !

For my Katzelkraft DT project I'm sharing a birthday card that I've made for my brother-in-law's birthday. I decided to keep it simple, which for me was a huge achievement !

The stamp set I've used is Wings and I've stamped with Versamark and then blended Pan Pastels over the top to create the background. The main image is made using Terra- Sahara that I've smoothed over a piece of mount board. I then sprayed the stamp with water before stamping into the Terra. When it was dry I used Stream Colourwash and Blonde Moments Pearl Pigment over the top.


The sentiment was done on my PC then I used DI around the edge. I wasn't sure when I finished that I liked it, but I've slept on it and I'm happy with it, but simple isn't me !

The stamps I've used are available exclusivelly from The Craft Barn in the UK and from Katzelkraft in France.

As I'm writing this the wind is howling outside and the rain is battering the window.... roll on Summer !


7 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, I think this is a wonderful male card, and I am sure that your BIL will just love it and give his "seal" of approval!
    A gorgeous card.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue
    A stunning card.
    Lucky BIL.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card for bloke, Love the colours.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous textural centre piece Sue and a gorgeous PP background. I love it.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic looking - love the colours
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Sue, very artistic and so different from your usual style.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fantastic card and your BIL will love it. The textured effect is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!