Friday, 27 January 2012

Embellish it !

Another 2 weeks have zoomed by and it's time for another challenge over at The Stamp Man. This time it is the lovely Siobhan's turn to host the challenge and we would like to see embellishments ! Simple as that, so dig out your flowers, ribbons and anything else you can lay your hands on ! As usual there is a £10 voucher for the winner. Make sure you check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work.


Those of you who know me will be a little surprised to see pink, I'm not a big fan, but this stamp just called out to me to use it !
I started by stamping the background using the Tim Holtz French Marketplace stamp set and the birds are from the Darkroom Door Love Birds set. I blended Victorian Velvet DI over the card and then I gave it a coat of Gesso which I wiped off with a baby wipe. For the embossed panel I used the Cuttlebug Victoria EF, I rubbed Tattered Rose DI over the inside of the folder and then stamped inside it using a stamp from the Tim Holtz Reflections set, then embossed the card.



I watercoloured the main image, which is a Stampedous stamp called Rose Corset, with DI. I added some tiny self adhesive pearls down the front of the corset. The ticket is cut from acetate and then stamped with black Stazon. The rose is made from a piece of the embossed panel using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die and I've cut two of the smaller flowers from Crinoline and tipped it with Victorian Velvet DI. The lace, ribbon and stick pin are from my stash.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:



15 comments:

  1. Hello Sue. What a fabulous card, so beautifully co-ordinated. Love the image and all the gorgeous detail. Pretty flower too.
    Thank you for joining us at MAWTT and good luck.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic project you have made and all the techniques you have used are fab. You have done well with the colour if its not your comfortable choice. Lovely piece
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue
    A gorgeous card with beautiful stamping and colours.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue, I am a pink fan and this is stunning, fab stamping and techniques, gorgeous embellishments, love your flower. XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, love the colours, they are just right for this beautiful feminine card.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning card Sue, I love the background and the gorgeous stamp, beautiful vintage feel. Many thanks for sharing with us at MTTC this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous Sue. The colours, the background and all the details have perfectly come together to make a great project. I have just bought this stamp and am looking forward to using it.
    Siobhan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a fabulous card with wonderful details. Looks really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so attractive Sue with the gorgeous colours, images ans embellishments. I love it.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card so much detail thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week.
    Jenny GDT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is all fabulous, but my favourite part is the row of tiny pearls on the bodice. It adds such dimension and realism! Wonderful. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful love the gorgeous detail, thanks for sharing with us at Paper Play, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sue, this is such an awesome peace! I love the way you used the colors, subtle, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning and elegant card Sue! :)

    Thanks so much for playing at Charisma Cardz this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a gorgeous card, love all the detail. Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week at Charisma
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!