Saturday, 21 January 2012

Happy Birthday Kathryn !

Today is the birthday of my best friend, Kathryn, and the card I'm sharing with you is her birthday card.

As I always have to post her card, as she doesn't live near to me, I've kept the embellishments quite flat so that it would go in the envelope ! I started with the background and used a Wendy Vecchi background stamp which I've stamped in Coffee Archival ink. I've then blended Stormy Sky DI over it. The butterfly wings are from an Oxford Impressions set and I've stamped them with the Coffee Archival ink too. The doily is a Tim Holtz die that Santa very kindly brought me, and I've blended Old Paper, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo DI over it. The luggage ticket is also a Wendy Vecchi stamp and has been aged using DI.

The main image is one of my favourite stamps at the moment and is also from the Oxford Impressions set as is the sentiment. They've both had Old Paper and Stormy Sky DI blended over them. The ribbon is seam binding and I've used Weathered Wood and Faded Denim Distress Stains to colour it. The card has arrived safely and, unlike last year, I actually remembered to write on the inside too !

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:

12 comments:

  1. Sue, what an absolutely stand-out, gorgeous card! Your friend had to love it! Too funny about forgetting to write inside it the year before! Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phenomenal card!! Love this vintage/shabby look a lot!!! I'm glad to hear that you remembered to write inside card this year and I bet your friend loved it too. Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

    Hugs,
    Calypso

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue
    A stunning card and I also love that set of stamps, it is packed full of beautiful and useful images.
    I say, lucky friend :)
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunningly beautiful, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing along with us at Sentimental Sundays for our ribbon challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are funny Sue - but that's just the sort of thing I would do.
    Beautiful card and colours
    Take care.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card!So beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us at ATSC!
    Dodici
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING work, as always Sue!

    Judi x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful creation, love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue, I'm finally catching up and really sorry for my lack of comments lately.
    This is one stunning card - such lovely colours and stamping, the image is so lovely.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Sue, love everything about it and I'm sure your friend will.
    Big Hugs
    Clare
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I rarely leave a response, however I browsed a
    ton of comments on "Happy Birthday Kathryn !". I do have 2 questions for you if
    it's allright. Is it simply me or do some of these comments come across as if they are coming from brain dead people? :-P And, if you are writing at additional social sites, I'd like
    to follow you. Could you make a list of the complete urls of your public pages like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?



    Also visit my web blog - Abercrombie Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!