Sunday, 29 January 2012

Make it a Guy Thing !

Happy Sunday everyone and also welcome to the next challenge with the Fashionable Stamping Challenge. This time round the challenge is 'Make it a Guy Thing', I have to say I quite enjoy making cards for men as I get to use browns and blues and can go quite grungy. Make sure you check out the rest of the DT's work and also the fab prize that's up for grabs.


I made this card a few weeks back as it was an order for a 70th Birthday for a friend of my sister's. I didn't have much to go on other than the person in question likes cars. So I dug out my Tanda Stamps, that haven't seen the light of day for many a moon, and used the car from the Transport Set 1. The man's head is from my favourite Oxford Impressions stamp set (probably because I only have the one set......at the moment ! Have you seen that the Craft Barn are now stocking them !) also, the pen nib is from the same set and I've stamped it and cut it out. I've also used a stamp from the Tim Holtz set called Curiosities for the Merchandise form. The embossed panel is a Tim Holtz EF and the background has been stamped with a Wendy Vecchi stamp.


The Memory piece is a piece of Tim Holtz Kraft Resist paper and the Happy Birthday is a Stamp Man stamp. The tag is cut using my Quickutz and I've stamped over it using a stamp from an Impression Obsessions set called Masculine. The word Dad is also from this set. The numbers are made using the Tim Holtz Vintage Market die, I've inked the letters with Walnut Stain DI and then covered them with Glossy Accents. A type charm and some thread and that was it !

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

I hope you get chance to join us in this challenge.

22 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful birthday card, your dad will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue...there is definitely nothing girly about this card...your dad will love it for sure! You are always so clever with the colours, and this is no exception ~ beautiful! It looks like you have had heaps of fun here.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card love your image and your papers. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely amazing Sue - such a fabulous card and definitely very masculine. I love your mix of stamped images and how they all come together so well.
    Have a great Sunday.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic card Sue and loving the techniques you use. Such a creative crafter. have a nice day
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous bloke card. Great details and colours, any fellow would love to receive this one.
    Yvonne/Meggymay x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulously distressed creation Sue. I love the images and vintage sepia tones and all the layers look gorgeous.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue
    Love this card. Beautiful vintage shades and great stamps. I also have that stamp set and I agree, it is a beautiful set to own - no, I am not biased lol.
    I like all the layers you created.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful vintage card Sue!!! Looove the images and the layout - just stunning!

    Have a lovely Sunday! Hugs, Joanna x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are always sooo stylish and this is no exception, stamped to perfection and such a gorgeous masculine layout. Have a great Sunday. XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great birthday card! Sue, there is so much interest that I keep going back for another looky! Love the vintage feel and all the elements! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fabulous card, lots of interesting layers and detail. Love the images you have used.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous Sue, I love all the dimension :)
    Thanks for joining us at SFTW & Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is gorgeous Sue. lainey x :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sue, I love this card! I agree with, Terry, so many details to kep going back to view. Vintage and masterful! Best wishes, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is fabulous Sue, love all details.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE your DT piece!
    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE LOVE LOVE this card ... a LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a super card Sue, I love the freshness of the white centre peeping through the distressing too. Its really effective.
    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card. I find it hard to make masculine cards but you seen to have no problems at all. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays. Please join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for stopping by and playing along with us at Sentimental Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another stunner for the challenge Sue and a huge thank you hunny bunny.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!