Sunday, 1 January 2012

New Year...New Stash !

First things first, Happy New Year to everyone ! To be on the safe side I've scheduled this post as I most probably won't be up and about too early !

It's time for the first challenge of 2012 for The Fashionable Stamping Challenge. We thought that most of you would have new stash from the big man in red, so what better way to start the year than to have an Anything Goes and New Stash challenge. Remember, you must include some stamping on your project and for this challenge you need to include in your post what new stash you've used.


I was really cross with myself as I wanted to take a 'before' photo before I started to alter this box. The box was a dark red and had a sort of leatherette texture. I gave it a coat of Gesso, which went pink ! Then I coated it with Baby Blue acrylic paint and distress the edges with a darker blue acrylic paint and then a white Paint Dabber. The top panel was stamped using Paper Artsy stamps and also the Stampin' Up Sanded background stamp.

The flowers were made from white card that I stamped with a Wendy Vecchi text stamp and then I used the Paper Artsy Scallop Flower die. I assembled the flowers and then used my new Melting Pot to coat them with UTEE to make porcelain flowers. For the leaves I blended Weathered Wood DI over some white card stock and then screwed it up to break the fibres. Then I used DI direct to the card and then ironed it on the reverse side. I used the Tattered Leaves die to cut the leaves out. The text is a Wendy Vecchi stamp that I've masked off and stamped each line separately.

The tickets are made using the Tim Holtz Sizzlit die and then I've stamped the words from the Tim Holtz stamp set Stuff to Say. The pearls are self adhesive and I stuck them in a swirl shape.

The metal panels are made using a Ten Seconds Studio border mould. I embossed it by running it through my Big Shot then refined it. I covered the panels with blue acrylic paint and rubbed it off then with black acrylic paint and rubbed that off. The result is a blue tint aswell as the black distressed look. I was quite pleased with the way this turned out ! I added a Tim Holtz lock to the front to finish off.

It was great to do something different for this challenge. I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.

I'm also entering this project into the following challenges:

21 comments:

  1. Wow Sue, what an amazing box with so many techniques and so much detail. A real feast for the eyes. I just love everything about it.
    My very best wishes to you and your family, for a year full of love, health, peace and happiness.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to see and admire on this box! I also love everything about it...and the blue and black paint on the side panel are a wonderful highlight. I'm glad you are having fun with your new melting pot.
    Happy New Year Sue
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year!!!

    Your creation is beautiful thanks for playing at charisma in our 2 week challenge good luck!
    Carlyann xx (owner/dt at charisma)

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing alteration, glad you included a few photos to see all the gorgeous details.
    Happy New Year.
    Yvonne /Meggymay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue this is amazing, such detail! Your flowers and leaves are beautiful and I love the metal work. Absolutly stunning.
    Hope you and your family have a wonderful 2012.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing Sue. So much beautiful detail and I so love the gorgeous blues you have used. Beautiful flowers and the metal work is outstanding. Have a very Happy New Year. XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful box, love the colours and the metal work is fantastic. I din't know you could use the moulds in the Big Shot! wonder if they would work in the cuttlebug ? hmmm... time to experiment as I have a couple of moulds unused in a drawer.

    Happy New Year

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is such a Wonderful creation, this certainly has the wow factor and its just perfect for our Anything Goes challenge

    Thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge and we hope to see you next week,



    Good Luck with the challenge
    and a happy and healthy 2012,
    Hugs Bridget :0) x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a way to kick off 2012!!! Stunning piece of altered art and I am sure Mr Holtz would be very proud of you also.
    Gorgeous work.
    Oops - I forgot to wish you a Happy New Year. All the very best for 2012.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful, I love the delicate blues and your roses look stunning. Happy New Year
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year, Sue. Wow, that's a breathtaking piece of art. Love all the wonderful details on your altered box. Great colors, too. And the flowers are outstanding. A melting pot is something on my wish-list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning box!! Sue I just love this altered box and those flowers are to die for! OK, you have so inspired me to acutally use my Melting Pot! Happy New Year! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sue this is absolutely amazing. Love the colours and textures and the amount of detail is just amazing. The embossed border is fabulous and I will have to investigate this.
    Wishing you a very Happy New Year and all the best for 2012.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sue, Your box is totally awesome, so many techniques and work involved. Fabulous. happy new year to you and yours. thanks for your wonderful comments on my blog. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year Sue and also belated Birthday Wishes hope you had a great day and the pressied were all that you wanted.

    Another creation that made me speechless when I first saw it. Kept going back and having a look because each time I found something new to see. Couldn't wait to see how you made it, so glad you changed to blue (red ... not my fave colour). So much work as usual and all with your elegant and precise way of working.

    Thank you for another superb DT creation at FSC.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great, great detailed artwork...wow, love the metal, the flowers...everything :-)
    Greetings and best wishes for 2012!

    Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow Sue, your box turned out absolutely fabulous. Love all the different textures. Well done. Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woooow, Sue, I mean WOOOOOW!!!! Your box is just stunning, loved reading how you made it. The embossed metal looks really great and the flowers are gorgeous! Happy New Year! Hugs, Joanna xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful box, Sue! It turned out gorgeous, the silver embossed piece is just perfect! Love your choice of stamps and the colors are gorgeous!
    Happy New Year!
    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, stunning box - I love it. Especially love the embossed ends, just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in with the challenge at Charisma this week.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a lovely creation! Thanks for playing at Charisma Cardz! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!