Friday, 13 January 2012

Red is the colour !

It's time for another challenge over at The Stamp Man and this time we would like to see Red ! A little or alot, whatever your heart desires. There is the usual prize of a £10 voucher to spend in The Stamp Man shop so it's got to be worth giving it a go !

Now, I have to be honest, red is not a colour I like to use alot of so I opted for a splash rather than going the whole hog ! The project I'm sharing with you is a little gift for my other half for Valentine's Day. I started out with the idea of making a glasses case (as he's lost the original one that came with the glasses !) but I soon realised that the Grunge Paper wasn't flexible enough, so I changed it to a pen case ! I'm going to fill it with Gel pens but for the purpose of the photograph I've used some biros I had to hand. I blended DI over the Grunge Paper using Tea Dye, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain. I then used the swirl stamp from the Tim Holtz Reindeer Flight set, stamping with Archival Coffee ink.



The sentiment is from the Stuff to Say stamp set and the heart is from the Good Thoughts set. The heart is stamped onto Grunge Paper that I've coloured with Distress Stains Fired Brick. The ticket is also coloured with Fired Brick and then the ticket stamped onto it from the Bits n Bobs stamp set.


Simple project this time but I did enjoy stitching the Grunge Paper and will have a think as to what else I can make with it !

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely project, I love how vintage you have made it look and the senitiment is fab
    Shar x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project and I do like the idea of a glasses case! Gorgeous piece to hold pens and I do love the splash of red! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gift and wonderful idea Sue!. With just the perfect amount of red. Have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a great idea and is so beautifully made. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. An amazing project! Your DH will love it. Thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful weekend. Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely project Sue. Isn't grunge paper wonderful. I think the splash of red is just right.
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great one Sue, I love the idea and so practical for a present.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool and fun project, Sue! It's amazing what you can do with Grunge paper. Love the way you stamped the flourish around the edges giving it a wonderful vintage look.

    Happy New Year to you...a bit late but heartfelt!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue, you've created a wonderful pen case - such a great idea and lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!