Thursday, 2 February 2012

Corset in pink !

For my Katzelkraft project I've made a birthday card for a colleague at work, and before you say it, yes it's pink ! The lady in question isn't a grungy type of girl so I thought I'd better go more on the girly side !


I stamped the background with white paint dabber and when it was dry I blended Tattered Rose DI over the top and then I rubbed over the top with a damp piece of kitchen roll. I stamped butterflies with Tattered Rose on the background piece too, unfortunately the photo doesn't show it very well. The embossed panel is a Stampin' Up EF called Vintage Wallpaper. The bird cage is by Poppy Stamps and I've stamped over it using the text stamp from the Paris Postal stamp set with white paint dabber and blended over it with DI so the paint resisted the ink. I used the same technique on the butterfly and also on the bottom die cut layer.

The flower is made using the Tattered Flowers die from Crinoline. The brad is a Marah Johnson and the ribbon and pearls are from my stash.

I'm entering this card into the Charisma Cardz challenge which is Vintage.

All of the stamps I've used are available exclusively from The Craft Barn and from Katzelkraft in France.


12 comments:

  1. Oooh very lovely indeed Sue! Besides it's not a barbie pink is it! It's a grown up soft pink and it sure looks perfect to me!
    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Sue, so much detail, lots to look at ,she'lllove it!! lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Sue. Loving the way you have put it all together and love reading the techniques you use. I would love to have a go at being a bit more creative
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Sue, just love your style in pink.
    Take care.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, so pretty! Love the monochromatic pinks and all that wonderful texture and of course, your crinoline flower rocks! A totally yummy piece of work!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card. Interesting vintage effect. Magnificent embellishments. Well-kept work ! Bravo ! It's very successful !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great creation hun! Thanks for playing over at Charisma Cardz! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pink works for me Sue LOVE IT.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow!! this looks fantastic! :) Stunning card.

    Thanks so much for playing at Charisma Cardz this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful style and layout. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!