Friday, 17 February 2012

A home for Wendy !

One of my New Year resolutions was to get myself more organised in my craft room. I've got stash, stashed in every nook and cranny and it can take me as long to find what I'm looking for as it does to make it ! .....lol......So, I thought I would start by getting my stamp sets into some sort of order. This is quite a long post so make sure you're sitting comfortable and have a cuppa to hand too !

I've gathered one or two sets of Wendy Vecchi stamps over the last few months and as they come with the superb sheet that the stamps stick to and the pre-punched holes, which are just inviting them to be put into a folder, I thought I would start with them. I've used mountboard to make the covers, I've got loads of offcuts and it's quite sturdy so will stand being used regularly ! As the stamp sets are quite tall I didn't have any paper that was large enough, so I gathered together all of the little pieces of paper that aren't really any use for anything, and used them as a patchwork around the edge to fill the gap ! I stamped on one or two of them with a WV text stamp.
The centre panels are made with pieces of DP and I sprayed Glimmer Mist Coffee Shop and Gold and also Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold and then 'swooshed' the paper through the liquid. Once it was dry I did a few 'splodges' of Wild Honey Distress stains, then I started to stamp !


I didn't use every single Wendy Vecchi stamp I have, but I made a good go at it ! The little blue flowers are stamped onto Grunge Paper which I've covered with Broken China DI and then cut out. The heart is also stamped onto Grunge Paper, which is covered with Barn Door DI and cut out.


The inside of the covers was painted with pale blue acrylic paint and then I stamped over the top with a WV border stamps using black Archival ink. The centre panels have been stamped with a WV background stamp using Coffee Achival ink and I've blended DI around the edge.


The letters on the front are Tim Holtz Grunge Board letters and I painted them with blue acrylic paint then with black acrylic paint. When they were dry I sanded them and then rubbed some Broken China DI over them. I somehow managed to stick the 'V' onto the Grunge Board panel at an angle, which is why it's a bit 'jaunty', but I quite liked it in the end !



To finish off I went around the edges of both covers with Tissue Tape and grunged it up a little with some black acrylic paint. Isn't Tissue Tape wonderful !

So now, Wendy has a home ! I just need to find a home for T!m now too !

I'm entering this project into the following challenges :


16 comments:

  1. fab creation Sue and great idea!! :) lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Sue and thank you for entering it into our Snazzys DT Blog Challenge draw. Good Luck! I've got 5 WV sets of stamps now so it's time I gave them a proper home and your covers are the perfect solution.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful binder - I have one of the "official" binders for some of my Wendy stamps - still undecorated.... (the rest are just on rings) but this is perfect. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, this is brilliant! Not only do I love how fabulously you have decorated the covers, but what a clever idea! I may just have to go this route! Right now I use a regular notebook and put Tim's stamps in a clear protective sheet to hold them all! It works, but I never thought about decorating the outside. Love this! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous idea! A perfect way to store those wonderful stamps, great project and thanks so much for entering it into the challenge on the Snazzys DT blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea Sue!!!! I have my stamps in a folder already (yes, just one that is a little full)...I would love to do this with a set that I have on the way.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooow, great idea Sue and how fab you gave Wendy a home! When you get one for Timmy, give me a shout to have a look! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! Thanks so much for sharing. My craft run needs help!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fantastic idea, looks really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue
    A gorgeous and fabulous creation,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
    Hugs Dianne xx

    CraftyCatz DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic way to keep your stamps together Sue. Just love the covers you have made.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant idea on getting organized. Love the cover!

    app developer android

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely inspired, Sue! Wonderful fabulous designs and stamping. I need to do something along this line for my Wendy stamps too Thanks for giving me a posh in the right direction.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful AND useful, a winning combination, love it, thanks for playing with the snazzys team this month x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful covers, Sue! I need to follow your lead as I have two of those big Wendy binder sets looking bare and forlorn. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. great designs! this one is my favorite above all. it's very creative and the colors are very bold and vintage... i so love this idea of yours.. you really rock! great job, you did it!
    web design ventura

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!