One of my New Year resolutions was to get myself more organised in my craft room. I've got stash, stashed in every nook and cranny and it can take me as long to find what I'm looking for as it does to make it ! .....lol......So, I thought I would start by getting my stamp sets into some sort of order. This is quite a long post so make sure you're sitting comfortable and have a cuppa to hand too !
I've gathered one or two sets of Wendy Vecchi stamps over the last few months and as they come with the superb sheet that the stamps stick to and the pre-punched holes, which are just inviting them to be put into a folder, I thought I would start with them. I've used mountboard to make the covers, I've got loads of offcuts and it's quite sturdy so will stand being used regularly ! As the stamp sets are quite tall I didn't have any paper that was large enough, so I gathered together all of the little pieces of paper that aren't really any use for anything, and used them as a patchwork around the edge to fill the gap ! I stamped on one or two of them with a WV text stamp.
The centre panels are made with pieces of DP and I sprayed Glimmer Mist Coffee Shop and Gold and also Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold and then 'swooshed' the paper through the liquid. Once it was dry I did a few 'splodges' of Wild Honey Distress stains, then I started to stamp !
I didn't use every single Wendy Vecchi stamp I have, but I made a good go at it ! The little blue flowers are stamped onto Grunge Paper which I've covered with Broken China DI and then cut out. The heart is also stamped onto Grunge Paper, which is covered with Barn Door DI and cut out.
The inside of the covers was painted with pale blue acrylic paint and then I stamped over the top with a WV border stamps using black Archival ink. The centre panels have been stamped with a WV background stamp using Coffee Achival ink and I've blended DI around the edge.
The letters on the front are Tim Holtz Grunge Board letters and I painted them with blue acrylic paint then with black acrylic paint. When they were dry I sanded them and then rubbed some Broken China DI over them. I somehow managed to stick the 'V' onto the Grunge Board panel at an angle, which is why it's a bit 'jaunty', but I quite liked it in the end !
To finish off I went around the edges of both covers with Tissue Tape and grunged it up a little with some black acrylic paint. Isn't Tissue Tape wonderful !
So now, Wendy has a home ! I just need to find a home for T!m now too !
I'm entering this project into the following challenges :
...bits and bobs
3 weeks ago