Sunday, 12 February 2012

It must be love !

Now this is a rare occurrence, 2 posts in one day ! Well, I thought as Valentine's day is ony a couple of days away I ought to get my card made for him indoors. Fortunately, there's a rugby match on this afternoon so I've not had anyone looking over my shoulder !

As is my usual style, I started with background. I used a Stampin' Up stamp called En Francais then stamped the Love Birds by Darkroom Door and the couple are a Katzelkraft stamp. I used the big dot stamp by Wendy Vecchi and stamped using Fired Brick DI. The swirls are done using a Crafter's Workshop template which I've drawn round and then added some of my own doodling. Quite like the effect so may do that again. For the horizontal piece I stamped using an unknown music stamp then tore the card and used DI and splashed some water on onto it.


The lock and key is what inspired this card as I was having a sort out and came across this Sizzix die, which I have to be honest I'd forgotten I'd got ! The back of the lock is cut from thin chipboard and then I've coated it with DI then used the wonderful PaperArtsty Crackle Glaze and coated it with black acrylic paint. The top of the lock is stamped with the music stamp and then I've used DI over it. The key is from the same die and I used the Crackle Glaze, but it didn't crackle as much as I wanted so I sanded it to reveal more of the red and then used a little Walnut Stain DI. The wings are hand drawn and cut from Grunge Paper. I covered them with DI and then stamped them with the En Francais stamp. The word is from an Oxford Impressions stamp set and the button is from my stash.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Right while the rugby is still on I'm off to my craft room to play some more ! Hope you're all having a great weekend. It's starting to go foggy here, but at least it's not as cold.


32 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, you create such amazing backgrounds and I love your doodling. The padlock and key are perfect. Hubby will love this. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely gothic look

    kitten - DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card. Thank for joining us at Cards for Men. Great job sticking to the theme. I love seeing your creation.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Suzz! I love this. Fabulous background and I love your stamp images, which I have not previously seen. Your DH should be bowled over! Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab project, thanks for entering this week over at c.r.a.f.t challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card, - love the dramatic effect of the black and red!

    Thanks for entering it into Snazzys first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card, love the pair of birds you used, thanks for joining in with the snazzy challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great bold dramatic love inspired card Sue, thank you for playing along with the Snazzy DT challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining in with the Snazzy's DT challenge Sue. Love the collaged background of your very dramatic card. Lots of beautiful stamp images you've used. I love the PaperArtsy Crackle Glaze too and have been using it on my DT piece to show later this week.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a wonderful Valentine's day card, love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous background, love all the details, its a great card.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! This is stunningly beautiful, I love the red and black colour combo and that heart is gorgeous. Thank you for joining with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, Sue - I love the black against the rich red background - the stamps you've used are perfect.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that Sizzix die and have not used mine in some time! Sue, just love this and the wings on the locket is so perfect witht he love birds! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is just gorgeous Sue and I bet your OH loves it. I haven't seen that die before but it looks fabulous the way you have used it.
    Have a great week.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sue, my goodness this is a fab card! Love all the details and the colours are just gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  17. BEAUTIFUL....BEAUTIFUL....BEAUTIFUL!! Your hubbster is just going to love his card!!

    Thanks BUNCHES for playing along with this weeks CHALLENGE at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! You blew me away! what a stunning beautiful card! I adore it! Thank you for playing with us at BTC&G and good luck! X

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous card! It's so cool and I love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  20. He'll love it! Lots of great touches

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow, gorgeous card, love the winged heart, just pops off the page, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. love your gorgeous card - the colours are fantastic xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card sweetie :o)

    thanks for joing us at Divas...and good luck..!

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. A gorgeous card. I love the background. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG this is really gorgeous. Love all the different stamps for the background and that TH die looks magnificent on top. Gorgeous colour choice. Thanks for playing at By the Cute and Girly and good luck. Hope to see you back next month for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, it's gorgeous. Thanks for playing along at CRAFT challenge this week. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Sue, what a gorgeous gorgeous card, I love it! That lovebird stamp is fab. i'd never have thought of adding it to a valentine card but its perfect. Thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh wow! this is ever so much artsy fartsy! Love it!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  29. fab card and thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz & Craft this week

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great use of the heart locked die that I' ve got too and I 'd forgotten to have too. You really gave it a new version-look and it has now a great appeal!
    Really beautiful creation
    Manu

    ReplyDelete
  31. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Layer upon layer of ink, stamping, die cuts ... GORGEOUS Valentine for you mate. I'm so glad I "found" your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!