Friday, 10 February 2012

It's all about texture !

We've come around to the next challenge at The Stamp Man and this time we would like to see lots of texture on your projects. As usual there is the fab prize of a £10 voucher for you to spend in The Stamp Man's online shop.

The card I'm sharing with you is one I've made for an order and it's for a man. I started with the background and used the Apsects of Design Classical Instruments set and stamped the notes with white Paint Dabber, dried it and then blended DI over the top. The paint resists the DI beautifully, I have to say it's one of my favourite techniques. I then embossed some card that I'd covered with Old Paper Distress Stains, using the Allegro EF. I used DI direct to the card to highlight the embossing. The tickets and sentiment were stamped onto Kraft card stock.

I used some watercolour paper for the main image and I stamped different colour DI's onto my craft sheet, sprtized them with water and 'swooshed' the paper into it. I then sprayed it with some diluted Chipped Sapphire re-inker. The swirl is cut from cardboard that I've taken the outer layer off, using the Elegant Flourishes die. The numbers are cut using the Vintage Market die and I've used DI and then Glossy Accents, The frame is made using the Tag and Bookplates die and I've added a Type Charm. The piece of tape is from a tag from a pair of jeans, so a little bit of recycling too !

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:


I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.

9 comments:

  1. Great design Sue, love the techniques and textures you have created and the colours are superb.
    Hope you haven't got too much snow.
    hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, You have conveyed texture without fail with your card. Well done! Beautiful composition. Have a great weekend! Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab design and the textures are great !!! Fingers x'd that you win I would love to see what you create with PanPastel as it's ideal for this technique.

    Kerry DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, you've created a wonderful birthday card with beautiful elements on it.
    Have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, love the design and all the layers.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really gorgeous card, I love the layout and the colours. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Sue, love the layers and textur.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great masculine card!! Love it!! Thanks for joining us at ABC!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is terrific Sue, great design and colour choice, thanks for sharing at PanPastel UK.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!