Sunday, 26 February 2012

Make it for a child at the FSC

Another 2 weeks have flown by, which means it's time for another challenge at the Fashionable Stamping Challenge. This time we would like to see your projects for a child. The DT have have come up with some fabulous pieces so make sure you hop over to the main blog.



I have to admit that I'm not good at making things for children, and I do struggle to find any inspiration. But, when I saw this stamp by Crafty Individuals it all came together quite quickly. I also made the conscious choise to stay away from pink, which I also struggle with ! The main image is stamped using black Archival ink then I've watercoloured parts of it using DI.The background paper is from the Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby paper stack as is the stripey piece which I've done some quick zig zagging around with my sewing machine. The words are made using those little cubes on letters, you know the ones, only a £1 (if you're in the UK) for the whole alphabet. The word 'secret' is taken from a PaperArtsy stamp, and I've masked off the rest of the stamp so I could use just this one word. The balloons are made with a Quickutz die and I've blended DI over the card first and then stamped them using another Crafty Individuals stamps. I've used the TH Distress Doily die and blended DI over it.


The ribbon is seam binding that I've dyed with DI and spritzed with water so the DI reacts with it. The hearts are from a set of Chippies and I've painted them with acrylic paint, then used the fabulous PaperArtsy Crackle Glaze and then painted over it with white acrylic paint. The little embroidery accent came with an order from the lovely Linda from her Etsy shop. If you've not checked this out, you really NEED to !

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.


28 comments:

  1. Ooooo this is just ... GORGEOUS .. Why can't I think of designs like this ! I have the Quickutz balloons sitting in my craft room all lonely! Thanks for joining us in the PanPastel challenge this week . Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, Amazing card, perfect for girl, you have such a unique style and all your projects are so well thought out and beautifully crafted. Have a great day.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue this is just gorgeous and perfectly coloured. Love the use of the doily die, I have just purchased it and it is yet to be used, but I have cut it ready lol.
    Thanks for entering this into the PanPastel UK challenge.
    Have a great Sunday.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great stamp, and love the sense of fun and innocence you've created here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sue. How lovely, gorgeous colours and lovely layers. Thank you for joining us at MAWTT and good luck.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Sue, I love the focal image and the beautiful colours. The pop of lime is fab too
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue...this is a fantabulous teenage card! The colours are my favourite, and I have looked at that stamp soooo many times (but I only have boys at home). I really love the hearts, I'ld like to have a go at that technique.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card for a young girl. Love all the details and the colours are fab.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue, that's a wonderful card perfect for a young girl. Love the color combination and die die cuts.
    Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue this is a fabulous card, and a great colour. I love the image and the sentiment you have made is perfect! Just right for a young girl. Fabulous details as usual.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous creation, love how it all fits together perfectly!

    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely gorgeous Sue. Love the main image (haven't seen this one before) and the embellishments you've made are really fabulous.
    Have a lovely day.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card! So well done and beautiful!
    Have a nice sunday!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. love it ALL Sue perfect for youngster, I know what you mean about childrens cards, you would think tthey would be easy!!

    Can you explain more of Alfa cubes for £1 not sure what you mean??? lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sue
    I sympathise as I struggle with makes for children (fortunately not something I have to do very often).
    This card would be perfect for a young teen/teenager. Wonderful detail of the seam binding, stitches, etc.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  16. just checked Sue and that's the same set my daughter bought me from USA, looks like you manage to get yours straighter than I do, any special technique you do??? lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a sweet card, Sue! Those little girls sharing a secret is priceless as are all your embellishments. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous Sue ... love everything about this, fab design, thanks for joining in as always at PanPastel UK.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really beautiful, I love the colours. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card - love the colours and the hearts are stunning :o)
    Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT and Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. My grand daughter coming up to 13 would love a card like this, it fits a teenager perfectly. Beautiful work. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sue :) This card is simply awesome! Love everything about it! That is a great stamp and you have put the perfect verse to it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous, beautiful card Sue.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the color combination and die die cuts the image is great ideal for teen girls.Thanks for joining us at PanPastel uk this week.

    Kerry DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow this is stunning I love it!

    Thanks for playing in the last free and easy challenge for February at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is beautiful Sue, I love all the details x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely project!
    Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I adore this card so girly girly I can just see my granddaughter and her friends in the image you have used.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!